What is the impact of historically high inflation on the UK consumer landscape?
by GD50 Custom
The average UK consumer is experiencing a severe cost-of living crisis as inflation surges to a forty-year high and the price of goods continues to rise. This shock is the result of the sharply increasing costs of commodities, energy, and the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, and is threatening FMCG manufacturers, retailers, and foodservice operators’ ability to survive and grow.
Inflation will have a profound effect on many consumer-facing industries in 2022 and beyond. Consult GlobalData’s new whitepaper, Inflation in the UK: The Impact of Historically High Inflation on the UK Consumer Landscape
, to better understand shifts in consumer behavior and their impact on spending patterns, as well as the implications for UK businesses.
This whitepaper covers:
- Why has global inflation returned with a vengeance?
- What is the current inflation situation in the UK?
- What impact is inflation having on UK retail sales?
- What tactics are businesses relying on to tackle the effects of high inflation?
- How are consumers changing their behaviors to cope with the higher cost of living?
- Which industry sectors are most vulnerable to reduced consumer demand?
- How is the government responding to high inflation?
- How long will high inflation last in the UK?
- How can your company survive and thrive in a high inflation environment?
Enter your details here to receive your free whitepaper and ready your business for these increasingly uncertain times.