Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
A theory has formed in the beer industry in recent months that the sheer range of brews on offer is leading to consumer fatigue. This month, beer commentator Stephen Beaumont considers the evidence supporting and countering this theory. >
The long-accepted truth for Japan's beer market is that domestic consumption is in long-term decline, forcing the country's brewers to look overseas for growth. >
As Euromonitor continues its look at the trends that are poised to drive the drinks industry in 2017, senior drinks analyst Spiros Malandrakis turns his attention to the spirits category. >
In August 2015, UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd appointed Dan Jago as its CEO. Since then, the former group wine director at Tesco has overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters to learn more about the changes he has introduced. >
Having offered his predictions last week for the wider alcohol category, Euromonitor's senior alcoholic drinks analyst, Spiros Malandrakis, drills down into what the year ahead has in mind for the beer sector. >
Earlier this week, Heineken released its full-year results for 2016. The brewer saw its sales in the year rise by almost 5% in organic terms, although profits fell, against a 2015 boosted by a one-off income. Here, just-drinks considers Heineken's performance over the last five years. >
Current hot issue
As part of just-drinks' Spirits Essentials series, this look at the vodka category provides comprehensive figures and information on the sector, its markets and its trends.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap.
With over 25 years of experience as a beverages analyst, Ian Shackleton provides a monthly view of the drinks industry from an investor's perspective
Every month, The International Alliance for Responsible Drinking presents a round-up of responsible consumption developments from around the world.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Scotland's Innis & Gunn to launch in China as export footprint grows
- Gruppo Campari's Appleton Estate Joy Anniversary Blend - Product Launch
- Australian Vintage brings New Zealand's Little Pebble to UK
- Pernod Ricard unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Molson Coors breweries swap recipes in transatlantic tie-up
- Colorado lawmakers seek tax break for kombucha
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Molson Coors ramps up Carling tech with digital font - video
- Premium lift set to counter mainstream slump in global gin category - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Sekforde Drinks' Sekforde Bespoke Botanical Mixers for Rum & Whiskey - Product Launch
- Name change brings Heineken's Sri Lankan subsidiary under company banner
- Quintessential Brands rolls out The Dubliner 10 Year Old to US
- BrewDog readies US brewery launch with Ohio bar opening
- Beer growth gives 2016 boost to Sapporo Holdings - results
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends