Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
In late-2015, Anheuser-Busch InBev secured the takeover of SABMiller for US$107.3bn. Since then, the brewing giant has lined up several divestments of SAB assets. Here's a rolling list of the sell-offs A-B InBev has lined up to proceed once it closes the transaction, expected at some point in the second half of this year.>
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev announced the intended sale of SABMiller's total presence in Central and Eastern Europe. Here's a breakdown of the brands and assets that are now available to purchase.>
Anheuser-Busch InBev had its general shareholders meeting this week, during what must be one of the busiest times in the company's history. With management flying all over the world - be it picking through the details of the SABMiller takeover or snapping up more craft brewers - it's a wonder they had a moment to spare for shareholders.>
Yesterday's acquisition of single malt Scotch whisky producer The BenRiach Distillery Co is the latest signpost on Brown-Forman's path into premium spirits territory. >
It's good to be in the bottled water business. According to Canadean, packaged water sales are expected to drive almost all of the net growth in beverage consumption over the next five years in the US, as water continues to gain at the expense of carbonated soft drinks. Premium water could lead the next wave of growth thanks to a wave of recent new product innovation. >
Yesterday, Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) reported a lift in sales and profits for the first quarter of 2016, as prices and volumes increased. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand and market in the three months to the end of March.>
Current hot issue
On 20 April, The Coca-Cola Co released its results for the first three months of 2016. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the numbers
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving?
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- eBay launches eBay Wine in Drync partnership
- Coca-Cola Enterprises lines up Monster energy boost as European merger looms
- Kirin Brewery eyes expansion after Byron Bay Brewing Co buy
- This week in spirits & wine, featuring Brown-Forman's return to single malt, Martini's new global ad and Germany's thirst for wine
- This week in soft drinks & bottled water, featuring bottled water's premium potential, AmBev's Brazilian soft drinks play and Dr Pepper Snapple Group's Q1 smiles
- This week in beer & cider, featuring consolidation's squeeze on craft, beer's future according to Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller's latest strip-sale
- Private equity most likely SABMiller Central & Eastern Europe buyer – analyst
- Anheuser-Busch InBev readies SABMiller Central, Eastern Europe sell-off
- C&C Group's Woodchuck Hard Cider Day Chaser - Product Launch
- Heineken gives UK marketing push to John Smith's Golden Ale
- California set to become 32nd US state to ban powdered alcohol
- C&C Group readies Tennent's for India with Mahou San Miguel tie-up
- Yalumba Wine Co switches Summergate for Suntory in China
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group adds two new allied brands
- Coca-Cola Enterprises bemoans "soft" Q1 as profits tumble
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India