Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Carlsberg will release its Q4 and full-year results on Wednesday (10 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of December:>
The Coca-Cola Co will report its fourth quarter and full-year results tomorrow (9 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of December:>
Here, Euromonitor considers what we can expect in the beer segment in the year ahead.>
This month, Chris Losh turns his attention to the Australian wine industry, and finds a country struggling with scant opportunities and structural problems in its number one export market.>
Sunday's Super Bowl is fast approaching, which back in the pre-YouTube days meant growing excitement over the TV cast's ads. These days, however, many advertisers release their Super Bowl commercials ahead of time in an attempt to seed interest and maximise views.>
There is future growth aplenty on offer in the Travel Retail channel, but a new report suggests a reappraisal of the traditional relationship between suppliers, operators and airport authorities would be of huge benefit to drinks brands going forward.>
Current hot issue
In January, the World Economic Forum released its latest global risks report. just-drinks considers the report, which quantifies and compares the economic, environmental, geopolitical, societal and technological risks facing businesses around the world.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of the artisanal producer. In other words, they are sick of the big boys moving into what they consider their hallowed turf.
A regular series of interviews made up of quick-fire questions, where we invite a just-drinks subscriber to share their thoughts on the drinks industry.
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX and King Beverage
- Pernod Ricard's Beefeater Burrough’s Reserve Edition 2 - Product Launch
- Rioja sales hold steady in 2015 - figures
- Kirin's Lion trims Tasmania beer operations, cuts jobs
- The Coca-Cola Co rolls out Fuze Tea to Australia
- This week in spirits & wine, featuring another Havana Club twist, Australia's wine failings and Islay's special-ness
- This week in beer and cider, featuring SABMiller's corporation tax counter, Super Bowl 50 ads and Casella's Yellow Tail beer
- This week in soft drinks and bottled water, featuring Suntory, Latvia's energy drinks ban, Coca-Cola Co and Super Bowl 50
- Highfern's Angels’ Nectar Blended Malt Scotch Whisky Rich Peat Edition - Product Launch
- William Grant & Sons restructures US commercial team
- Casella Family Brands launches Yellow Tail beer - report
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju Province Winery
- Craft Brew Alliance FY sales inch up, set fair for 2016
- Heaven Hill Distilleries' Burnett’s Flavored Vodka Cucumber Lime - Product Launch
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research