Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Former Tesco wine director Dan Jago took over as CEO at UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd in 2015 and has since overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters. In part I of the interview, Jago discussed new changes to the company. In part II, the CEO talks about how he has no desire to chase the Millennial market, and reveals what keeps him awake at night. >
Earlier this week, Coca-Cola Amatil issued its results for 2016. The group saw its 12-month sales rise by just over 1%, with net profits on an organic basis increasing by 6%. Here, just-drinks breaks down Coca-Cola Amatil's figures for last year by region. >
A theory has formed in the beer industry in recent months that the sheer range of brews on offer is leading to consumer fatigue. This month, beer commentator Stephen Beaumont considers the evidence supporting and countering this theory. >
The long-accepted truth for Japan's beer market is that domestic consumption is in long-term decline, forcing the country's brewers to look overseas for growth. >
As Euromonitor continues its look at the trends that are poised to drive the drinks industry in 2017, senior drinks analyst Spiros Malandrakis turns his attention to the spirits category. >
In August 2015, UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd appointed Dan Jago as its CEO. Since then, the former group wine director at Tesco has overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters to learn more about the changes he has introduced. >
Current hot issue
As part of just-drinks' Spirits Essentials series, this look at the vodka category provides comprehensive figures and information on the sector, its markets and its trends.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap.
With over 25 years of experience as a beverages analyst, Ian Shackleton provides a monthly view of the drinks industry from an investor's perspective
Every month, The International Alliance for Responsible Drinking presents a round-up of responsible consumption developments from around the world.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Heineken hit by further EUR100m compensation claim on top of EUR32m Greek fine
- This week in spirits & wine, featuring global gin concerns, Bacardi's plant closure and future spirits trends
- This week in soft drinks & bottled water, featuring Coca-Cola Amatil's site closure, kombucha tax breaks and PepsiCo's Naked Juice settlement
- This week in beer & cider, featuring key trends for 2017, results from Boston Beer, Asahi and Sapporo and why the threat of excess beer choice is over-stated
- UK gin exports set for landmark year as growth surges - figures
- Stewart Brewing's Stewart’s Lager - Product Launch
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Brexit drags down first half of fiscal-2017 for Australian Vintage - results
- Cott Corp looks to future as purchases boost 2016 sales - results
- Anheuser-Busch InBev brings Bud Light to UK in biggest brand launch
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey range - Product Launch
- Ilegal Mezcal rolls out across US as Bacardi takes stake
- Craft beer shakeout good for Samuel Adams - Boston Beer Co
- William Grant & Sons names Victor Jerez group business development director
- C&C Group's Tennent's Lager founts get expanded launch after sales boost
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends