Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Coca-Cola's recent water-replenishment achievements underline the company's status as a leader in sustainability within the drinks sector. However, Ben Cooper writes, an even greater focus on specific areas of water stress from all drinks companies looks certain to be required to take industry engagement on water to the next level.>
In the beer category, the aluminium can was until recently considered the bastion of the big brand. Here in the UK, this continues to be the case: There are still stacks of them flanking supermarket entrances in all their 20x44cl pack glory.>
It was a bruising first results announcement for management at the newly-formed Coca-Cola European Partners.>
This month, soft drinks commentator Richard Corbett looks at the sports drinks category and considers its continued reliance on one market at a time when its global future should look considerably more upbeat.>
Back in the 1990s, a demographic peculiarity began to make itself apparent at beer festivals in the US and Canada. Rather than attracting what most would have considered the predictable scores of male beer drinkers, these festivals, heavily populated by what we then called 'microbreweries', began to be increasingly patronised by females.>
Morgan Stanley this week released its second survey of US wholesalers, which found increased confidence is the country's spirits market. The financial firm claims the report is more forward-looking than traditional channel data and attempts to "identify key trends before they appear in Nielsen data and sell-side forecasts". The survey also quizzed wholesalers on future category performance. Here's a run-down of the key findings:>
Current hot issue
In early-September, Pernod Ricard released its results for the 12 months to the end of June 2016. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- South Africa's Remgro eyes SABMiller's Distell shares
- SABMiller shareholders approve Anheuser-Busch InBev deal
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shareholders clear SABMiller deal, AB InBev to retain name
- Diageo reveals regeneration plan for former Johnnie Walker factory
- Donald Trump a danger to Constellation Brands' beer growth - analyst
- Heineken app invites off-premise drinkers to head to on-premise
- United Spirits' McDowell’s No.1 Silk - Product Launch
- SPI's Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant & Sons sees 2015 sales, profits post single-digit rises
- Coca-Cola bottler merger talks continue in Japan, despite conclusion claim
- AG Barr to cut staff as H1 sales, profits dip
- The Coca-Cola Co loses Greenberg as director
- Pernod Ricard's Kahlua Chili Chocolate - Product Launch
- Sixpoint Brewery unveils Highland Park beers with Edrington
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends