Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
This week, we speak to the founder of wine and spirits management consultancy Artisan Source, and just-drinks subscriber, Martin Jones.>
Almost by default, the craft sectors within the overall drinks industry have healthier sustainability credentials than their larger peers. Ben Cooper looks at what the smaller, newer players could teach the big boys.>
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian Buxton investigates.>
Diageo expects to see “intense price competition” continue in Ethiopia as new products emerge, but is “optimistic” for its future in the country, according to its Africa unit president.>
Today, the Brewers of Europe announced that its members, which include all of the leading European brewers, are to voluntarily list ingredients and nutrition for all its beers in Europe. Last week, Diageo said it would do the same with its global brands such as Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker.>
Many industry observers will have linked yesterday's major food M&A story with the ongoing rumbles around Anheuser-Busch InBev's widely-expected move for SABMiller. Shareholders of the two brewers clearly did the same, with the pair seeing their share prices fall markedly today.>
Current hot issue
In March, London hosted the 2015 Consumer Analyst Group Europe (CAGE) conference. Here is a round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the annual meet-up.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US.
A regular series of interviews made up of quick-fire questions, where we invite a just-drinks subscriber to share their thoughts on the drinks industry.
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands here to stay despite Bacardi Bourbon buy
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new ad campaign
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Share Brands deal
- just a While Ago - On 30 March in...
- Health lobby angered over Diageo's rumoured Premier League deal
- SABMiller to appoint former Bacardi CEO as non-exec director
- Heineken offers money-back promise on Light brand - video
- Sula Vineyards takes in cut-price Maharashtra storm grapes
- PepsiCo launches global Mountain Dew push - video
- DISCUS, craft distillers unite over tax cut push
- International Beverage unveils new Hankey Bannister look
- Brown-Forman readies Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle
- Oskar Blues Brewery snaps up Michigan's Perrin Brewing Co
- Product Launch - SHS Drinks' WKD Original Blue freeze pouch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev set to install new chairman
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014