Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Ian Buxton has just returned from Cognac. Much as he expected to see a gloomy fug over the region, he was surprised by the upbeat air among its spirits producers.>
Diageo's exit from its beer joint-venture in South Africa and Namibia comes at the same time as observers are considering what else the company defines as non-core to its business. The move suggests to many – and, initially, to me also – that beer is next on the group's non-core list.>
Earlier today, Diageo and Heineken announced the dissolution of their joint venture in South Africa and Namibia with Namibian Breweries Ltd (NBL). Here are the full details behind the transaction.>
On Thursday (30 July), Diageo will report its full-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its final quarter, the three months to the end of June:>
The star-spangled banner is a shining beacon for the Coca-Cola Co, as analysts hail the US in an otherwise-challenging environment for the company.>
“Technical factors” formed the caveat to analysts’ notes following a challenging first quarter for Remy Cointreau.>
Current hot issue
just-drinks casts a critical eye over The Coca-Cola Co's financial results for the first half of the fiscal year.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office.
A regular series of interviews made up of quick-fire questions, where we invite a just-drinks subscriber to share their thoughts on the drinks industry.
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Capri Sun
- just a While Ago - On 28 July in...
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia partnership
- Indonesia ups alcohol import tariffs to boost domestic production
- Bordeaux vineyards dodge forest fires
- Kollaras joins forces with Australian Liquor Marketers
- Pernod Ricard launches Eclat pomegranate whisky drink in Korea
- US craft beer production rises in H1 - figures
- just a While Ago - On 27 July in...
- Volumes come in flat, but Coca-Cola FEMSA sees H1 sales, profits rise
- Product Launch - Takara Shuzo's Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan The Bourbon Edition
- Bladnoch Distillery to reopen after private purchase
- Isle of Arran Distillers hits new highs in 2014 results
- Marston's eyes off-trade with warehouse expansion
- Nichols sees H1 net profits rise, acquires Feel Good
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research