Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Earlier today, Brown-Forman posted its first-half results for fiscal-2017. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand in the six months to the end of October.>
Chasing the Millennial consumer has been the mantra of many a drinks company is recent years - but it appears the end of the Millennial rainbow might not yield the only pot of gold. >
Andre de Almeida had been William Grant & Sons' director for European Travel Retail for four years when he decided earlier this year to take up the role of Global Travel Retail head at Scotch whisky specialists Loch Lomond Group. That was in July, and now the Brazilian-born de Almeida, who moved to Scotland when he was 15, faces one of the biggest challenges of his career - establishing Loch Lomond as a player in the GTR channel.>
Over-60s are not only healthier, wealthier and living longer and more active lives than their predecessors, they are also more politically engaged. Ben Cooper examines why looking afresh at the seniors market chimes with recent momentous political events.>
Late last week, Diageo's North America president, Deirdre Mahlan, hosted a conference call with analysts. Having spent just over a year in the role, Mahlan offered some insight into the company's largest and most profitable region. Here, just-drinks picks out some key points from the call.>
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a beverages analyst with several major banks, including Credit Suisse, Lehman Brothers and Nomura. Now a principal at financial communications company Bell Pottinger, Ian will cast an analyst's eye each month over developments and issues affecting the drinks industry. This month, he looks at what the Trump effect could be, the prospects for the local spirits sector and the importance of the IR point-of-contact.>
Current hot issue
In late-November, Dr Pepper Snapple Group secured full control of Bai 5 owner Bai Brands. Here is just-drinks' full coverage of the matter.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Demonetisation in India set to provide drinks headaches - analyst
- Brown-Forman sees Q2 slow the slide for H1 - results
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave Treasury Wine Estates
- Heaven Hill to build second Deep Eddy Vodka distillery
- Target indecisive shoppers with in-store marketing - IRI report
- C&C Group unveils "one-tap" ordering app for Tennent's accounts
- Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits tightens global distribution loose ends
- Hop Pop Soda Co's Hop Pop Soda - Product Launch
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking with cocktail chatbot
- Carlton & United Breweries strike ends
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials in US - Pernod Ricard
- Diageo wins credit-rating showdown against Pernod Ricard - Moody's
- Angostura refutes rum integrity audit reports
- Edrington's The Macallan Edition No 2 - Product Launch
- Cautious warning from Laurent Perrier comes true in H1 - results
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range