- Category – Spirits, whisky, Scotch
- Available – From this month
- Location – The UK, available online
- Price – See below for details, all available in 75cl bottles
Wemyss Malts has released a limited edition line of single cask Scotch whiskies.
The expressions, which are available from the company’s website, are named after aromas and tastes identified in the whiskies. The six-strong, 75cl line-up comprises:
- Bananas & Cream – Distilled at Strathclyde Distillery in 2005, 46% abv, SRP of GBP88 (US$116.62)
- Clove-Studded Oranges – From Glenrothes Distillery, 23 years old, 48.8% abv, limited to 187 units, GBP200
- Jam on Toast – Blair Athol Distillery, 30 years old, 50.6% abv, 226 bottles, GBP300
- Kiwi & Chilli – Glenrothes Distillery, 25 years old, 55.2% abv, 282 units, GBP225
- Sweet Disposition – Glen Keith Distillery, 25 years old, 53.6% abv, 492 bottles, GBP200
- Ultimate Apple Pie – Glen Moray distillery, 25 years old, 46% abv, GBP150
The company confirmed today that the Ultimate Apple Pie, Kiwi & Chilli, Sweet Disposition and Bananas & Cream iterations are also available from selected retailers in unspecified European and Asian markets.
Last month, the Scotch Whisky Association named former UK ambassador to Argentina, Mark Kent as its next head from January.