- Category – Spirits, whisky, single malt, 57.8- 58.9% abv
- Available – From this month
- Location – Available worldwide, online
- Price – In the UK, SRP of GBP125 (US$170.48) per 70cl bottle
London’s Bimber Distillery has added four more expressions to one of its limited-edition single malt whisky collections.
The extensions come from the craft distiller’s ‘Spirit of The Underground’ range, which was created in partnership with Transport for London (TfL) earlier this year and will eventually total 44 expressions. The no-age statemented expressions are:
- Chancery Lane – aged in ex-Madeira casks, 57.8% abv, 298 bottles
- London Bridge – ex-Port barrels, 58.7% abv, 298 bottles
- Victoria – ex-rye whiskey barrels, 58.2% abv, 271 bottles
- Paddington – ex-Pedro Ximenez Sherry casks, 58.9% abv, 314 bottles
The four, which join four ex-Bourbon cask-aged iterations released to mark the range’s launch in May, are available to purchase this month from the Spirit of The Underground website.
“For this second collaborative release with TfL, we have selected four distinctive and exceptional casks from amongst our very finest,” said spokesperson Matt McKay. “Each typifies our hand-crafted approach to whisky making, whilst at the same time offering an ever-broadening selection of flavour experiences with which to celebrate the history and diversity of our home – London.”
In July, the company unveiled its 14-strong ‘The Country Collection’ series, with each iteration being made exclusively available in a different market.