- Category – Spirits, whisky, single malt, 58.1- 58.8% abv
- Available – From this month
- Location – Worldwide, online
- Price – SRP of GBP125 (US$175.40) per 70cl bottle
Spirit of The Underground, which will be a permanent addition to Bimber’s whisky portfolio, takes inspiration from stations on the London Underground network. The four limited-edition expressions in the first release, which were aged in American oak ex-Bourbon casks, comprise:
- Waterloo – 58.3% abv, limited to 257 bottles
- Baker Street – 58.1% abv, 264 bottles
- Kings Cross St Pancras – 58.5% abv, 259 bottles
- Oxford Circus – 58.8% abv, 261 bottles
Consumers worldwide will be able to purchase the range, which will have its own dedicated e-commerce website, from the end of this month. New expressions will be added to the collection in batches, each drawing on four single casks, with Release 2 expected in the coming months.
There are 270 tube stations spread over 11 Underground lines on the TFL network.
In March, Bimber revealed plans to construct a new Scotch whisky production facility in the Moray region of Scotland, with operations commencing next year.