Latest beverage news & analysis in Africa
This month, Ray Rowlands sets his sights on the recently-announced Nigerian venture between The Coca-Cola Co and the Tropical General Invest...
Trade show opening speeches are rarely roof-raisers and Cape Wine 2015's today was true to form. However, Siobhan Thompson's welcome address...
Last week, the South African government put up for public discussion proposed changes to the country's alcohol regulations. The 36-page Liqu...
Diageo expects to see “intense price competition” continue in Ethiopia as new products emerge, but is “optimistic” for its future in the cou...
Earlier this year, South African multi-category drinks producer Distell set up a unit specifically for its higher-end wine portfolio. The CEO of Distell Vineyards & Estates, Carina Gous, spoke to just-drinks earlier this year about the new division, its plans abroad and the prospects for the broader South African wine category going forward.
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is offering voluntary redundancy to management in South Africa as it looks to restructure operations in the country following its takeover of SABMiller.
Four wineries in South Africa’s Western Cape have been damaged by fires in the region, with a fifth, in Paarl, being "practically burnt to the ground".
California’s Hess Family Wine Estates has sold its South African winery Glen Carlou for an undisclosed sum.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed its SABMiller asset divestment programme in time for Christmas, offloading its near-30% stake in Distell today.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is in line to end its first year on the Johannesburg stock exchange well down on its debut price, according to a report.
Heineken has released the first beer from its new Ivory Coast brewery even though the site will not officially open until next year.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends