Latest beverage news & analysis in Africa
This month, Ray Rowlands sets his sights on the recently-announced Nigerian venture between The Coca-Cola Co and the Tropical General Invest...
Trade show opening speeches are rarely roof-raisers and Cape Wine 2015's today was true to form. However, Siobhan Thompson's welcome address...
Last week, the South African government put up for public discussion proposed changes to the country's alcohol regulations. The 36-page Liqu...
Diageo expects to see “intense price competition” continue in Ethiopia as new products emerge, but is “optimistic” for its future in the cou...
Earlier this year, South African multi-category drinks producer Distell set up a unit specifically for its higher-end wine portfolio. The CEO of Distell Vineyards & Estates, Carina Gous, spoke to just-drinks earlier this year about the new division, its plans abroad and the prospects for the broader South African wine category going forward.
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers.
South African wine's export value growth jumped ahead of export volumes' last year as producers focussed on premium bottled lines.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is offering voluntary redundancy to management in South Africa as it looks to restructure operations in the country following its takeover of SABMiller.
Four wineries in South Africa’s Western Cape have been damaged by fires in the region, with a fifth, in Paarl, being "practically burnt to the ground".
California’s Hess Family Wine Estates has sold its South African winery Glen Carlou for an undisclosed sum.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed its SABMiller asset divestment programme in time for Christmas, offloading its near-30% stake in Distell today.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is in line to end its first year on the Johannesburg stock exchange well down on its debut price, according to a report.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets