- Category – Spirit-based RTDs, 8-9% abv
- Available – From this month
- Location – The US, available in Maryland, Washington DC, and New Jersey ahead of a nationwide roll-out next year
- Price – SRP of US$15.99 per four-pack of 35.5cl cans
Sagamore Spirit, a Baltimore distillery owned by Under Armor founder Kevin Plank, has released a debut range of spirits-based RTDs in the US.
The line-up comprises Black-Eyed Rye, Honey Paloma and Lemon Tea Fizz, with each variant using Sagamore’s Maryland rye whiskey as its base. The range was created in partnership with CAnE Collective, a Baltimore-based beverage consultancy and non-alcoholic mixer producer.
- Black-Eyed Rye – Rye whiskey paired with blackberry juice, lime juice and ginger flavour (9% abv)
- Honey Paloma – Rye whiskey blended with red grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave and honey flavour (9% abv)
- Lemon Tea Fizz – Rye whiskey with lemon juice, green tea and yuzu flavour (8% abv)
“Maryland-style rye is the perfect base for cocktails, and we thought it was time to show that you can create a premium canned cocktail with our four-year-old rye whiskey, meant to be enjoyed anytime, anywhere,” said company president Brian Treacy.
Sagamore Spirit is part of Plank’s privately-owned Plank Industries.