North America’s beverage industry saw a drop of 4.17% in deal activity during January 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Monster Beverage’s $330m acquisition of Canarchy Craft Brewery Collective, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 23 beverage industry deals worth $522.2m were announced for the region in January 2022, against the 12-month average of 24 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in January 2022 with 11 transactions, representing a 47.8% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with ten deals, followed by private equity deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 43.5% and 8.7% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s beverage industry with $331.94m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $190.24m.
North America beverage industry deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five beverage deals accounted for 89.05% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five beverage deals stood at $465m, against the overall value of $522.2m recorded for the month.
The top five beverage industry deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Monster Beverage $330m acquisition deal with Canarchy Craft Brewery Collective
2) The $75m venture financing of Supplying Demand by Access Capital Fund,Live Nation Entertainment,Nomad Venture Fund,PowerPlant Partners and Science
3) The Production Board $30m venture financing deal with Cana Technology
4) The $20m venture financing of Fermented Sciences by Beam Suntory,Beechwood Ventures,Monogram Capital Partners,Powerplant Ventures and Quadrant Capital Advisors
5) Cheyenne Ventures,Gather Ventures,Indico Capital Partners,MissionPoint Partners,Next View Ventures,Nextblue Ventures,Riverside Ventures,Shilling Capital Partners,Siddhi Capital and Silas Capital $10m venture financing deal with kencko foods