Europe’s consumer industry saw a drop of 32.56% in cross border deal activity during August 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Entain’s $944.32m acquisition of 75% stake in SuperSport, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 29 consumer industry cross border deals worth $2bn were announced for the region in August 2022, against the 12-month average of 43 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in August 2022 with 18 transactions, representing a 62.1% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with six deals, followed by venture financing deals with five transactions, respectively capturing a 20.7% and 17.2% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $1.1bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $900m and $23.29m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry cross border deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer cross border deals accounted for 99.4% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border deals stood at $2.02bn, against the overall value of $2bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Entain’s $944.32m acquisition deal for 75% stake in SuperSport
2) The $900m private equity of Aman Group by Cain International and The Saudi Public Investment Fund
3) IOI Corp’s $104.51m acquisition deal with Bunge Loders Croklaan Group
4) The $45.85m acquisition of ESM Effervescent Sodas Management by CC Beverages Holdings II and Coca-Cola HBC
5) Octopus Ventures, Perwyn and Verlinvest’s $22m venture financing deal with KatKin