Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $665.7m were announced in Asia-Pacific in September 2022, led by $300m venture financing of PT Traveloka Indonesia, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 86.7% over the previous month of $356.64m and a rise of 0.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $661.36m.
Asia-Pacific held a 48.95% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.36bn in September 2022. With a 22.21% share and deals worth $302m, Indonesia was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 54 deals during September 2022, marking a decrease of 11.48% over the previous month and a drop of 22.86% over the 12-month average. China recorded 20 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 69.3% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $461.27m, against the overall value of $665.7m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Allianz Global Investors, BlackRock Capital Investment, Indonesia Investment Authority and Orion Capital Asia’s $300m venture financing deal with PT Traveloka Indonesia
2) The $86.2m venture financing of Xueji Roasted Seeds And Nuts by GenBridge Capital and Longzhu Capital
3) DG Incubation, FITZ (Japan), Pro and Toka’s $34.96m venture financing deal with Section L
4) The $20.11m venture financing of Ningbo Oupai Yishehui International Trade by Ruifu Capital and Wuhan Hanyang Investment Development Group
5) Hera Capital, ING Sustainable Investments, Mandala Capital, Openspace Ventures, PTT Public, Seeds Capital and Sumitomo’s $20m venture financing deal with Nutrition Technologies