The $200m venture financing of FreshRealm was the Consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $529.8m were announced globally in July 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 39% over the previous month of $868.43m and a drop of 74.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.09bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $438.53m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $426.22m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for Consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2022 was the US with 12 deals, followed by the India with 11 and China with eight.
In 2022, as of July, Consumer venture financing deals worth $10.12bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 29.9% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five Consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 78.3% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five Consumer venture financing deals stood at $414.92m, against the overall value of $529.8m recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry venture financing deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cornerstone Institutional Investors $200m venture financing deal with FreshRealm
2) The $150m venture financing of Emergy Food by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Cultivate Next, Grosvenor Food & AgTech, Revolution Growth and Wellington ManagementLLP
3) LLC,8090 Partners, Alante Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Card Sound Capital, Circulate Capital, Envisioning Partners, Inditex, Lansdowne Partners, Marubeni and Milliken $30m venture financing deal with Circ
4) The $20m venture financing of Kizik Design by The Newcastle Network
5) Liangrun Fund Investments $14.92m venture financing deal with Xiamen Chenji Le Yaoju Food