Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $517.4m were announced in North America in September 2022, led by $75m venture financing of Kate Farms, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 75.2% over the previous month of $295.42m and a drop of 40.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $866.54m.
North America held a 38.05% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.36bn in September 2022. With a 35.30% share and deals worth $480.02m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 51 deals during September 2022, marking an increase of 34.21% over the previous month and a drop of 16.39% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 48 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 39.6% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $205m, against the overall value of $517.4m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Main Street Advisors and Novo Holdings’s $75m venture financing deal with Kate Farms
2) The $35m venture financing of Lumafield by Data Collective Venture Capital, Future Shape, Kleiner Perkins, Lux Capital and Spark Capital
3) McCarthy Capital’s $35m venture financing deal with Caraway Home
4) The $30m venture financing of Monos by Michele Romanow, Strand Equity Partners and Venn Growth Partners
5) Altos Ventures, Blue Investment Group, Guy Fieri, HartBeat Ventures, Kevin Hart’s venture fund, Ninja and Ryan Seacrest’s $30m venture financing deal with PathWater
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.