Total Consumer industry M&A deals worth $690.7m were announced globally in July 2022, led by Essity’s $320m acquisition of 80% stake in knix wear, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 93.4% over the previous month of $10.4bn and a drop of 93.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $10.32bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $323.18m. At the country level, the Canada topped the list in terms of deal value at $323.18m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for Consumer industry M&A deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then North America.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in July 2022 was the UK with nine deals, followed by the US with nine and Italy with six.
In 2022, as of July, Consumer M&A deals worth $47.94bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 23.4% year on year.
Consumer industry M&A deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 97.4% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five Consumer M&A deals stood at $672.96m, against the overall value of $690.7m recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry M&A deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Essity $320m acquisition deal for 80% stake in knix wear
2) The $237m acquisition of Texon International Group by Coats Group
3) Morinaga Milk Industry $56m acquisition deal for 33% stake in NutriCo Morinaga (Private)
4) The $52.5m acquisition of The Spice Tailor by Premier Foods
5) Snagatr (Fujian) Oral Health Technology $7.46m acquisition deal with Frog Prince (Fujian) Baby & Child Care Products