Total consumer industry M&A deals worth $4.8bn were announced globally in September 2022, led by Church & DwightInc’s $630m acquisition of Hero Cosmetics, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 53.2% over the previous month of $10.31bn and a drop of 64.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $13.68bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $3.27bn. At the country level, the UK topped the list in terms of deal value at $3.19bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry M&A deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in September 2022 was the US with 60 deals, followed by the UK with 14 and Italy with 13.
In 2022, as of September, consumer M&A deals worth $92.57bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 27.6% year on year.
consumer industry M&A deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 21.9% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer M&A deals stood at $1.06bn, against the overall value of $4.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry M&A deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Church & DwightInc’s $630m acquisition deal with Hero Cosmetics
2) The $172.61m acquisition of 8% stake in Jinhui Liquor by Gansu Yate Investment GroupLimited
3) Longnan Kelite Investment Management Center’s $107.88m acquisition deal for 5% stake in Jinhui Liquor
4) The $79m acquisition of Ellis Park Race Course by Churchill Downs
5) Maverick Gaming’s $68m acquisition deal with Evergreen Gaming