The $300m venture financing of PT Traveloka Indonesia was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $627.7m were announced globally in September 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 125.6% over the previous month of $278.19m and a drop of 22.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $806.51m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $338.49m. At the country level, the Indonesia topped the list in terms of deal value at $300m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in September 2022 was the US with seven deals, followed by the India with five and Indonesia with three.
In 2022, as of September, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $6.5bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 33.1% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 80.7% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $506.7m, against the overall value of $627.7m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Allianz Global Investors, BlackRock Capital Investment, Indonesia Investment Authority and Orion Capital Asia’s $300m venture financing deal with PT Traveloka Indonesia
2) The $75m venture financing of Kate Farms by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Main Street Advisors and Novo Holdings
3) ACE Ventures, Be8 Ventures Management, ETH Zurich Foundation, Gullspang Re:Food, Joyance Partners, L Catterton, Movendo Technology, Tengelmann Ventures, Vorwerk Ventures and Yann Sommer’s $71.7m venture financing deal with Planted Foods
4) The $30m venture financing of Monos by Michele Romanow, Strand Equity Partners and Venn Growth Partners
5) Altos Ventures, Blue Investment Group, Guy Fieri, HartBeat Ventures, Kevin Hart’s venture fund, Ninja and Ryan Seacrest’s $30m venture financing deal with PathWater