The $154m venture financing of TripActions was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $432.3m were announced globally in October 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 30.5% over the previous month of $622.17m and a drop of 44.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $775.09m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $250.5m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $195.5m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in October 2022 was the US with four deals, followed by the Republic of Korea (South Korea) with two and Australia with two.
In 2022, as of October, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $6.93bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 31.7% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 71.8% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $310.3m, against the overall value of $432.3m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Andreessen Horowitz and Premji Invest’s $154m venture financing deal with TripActions
2) The $55m venture financing of OTI Lumionics by Anzu Partners, Lee Lau, LG Technology Ventures, Samsung Venture Investment and UDC Ventures
3) Air Street Capital, Beyond capital ventures, Discovery Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Fidji Simo, Heartcore Capital, Keen Venture Partners, Omnes Capital, Partech Partners, Point Nine Capital and Thia Ventures’s $47.7m venture financing deal with Gourmey Foods
4) The $28.6m venture financing of Nourish Ingredients by CSIRO Financial Services, Horizons Ventures and Hostplus Investments
5) Big Basin Capital, Capstone Partners, CJ Investment & Securities, DS Asset Management, GS Ventures, Mirae Asset Securities, Ncore Ventures, Pureun Partners Asset Management and Woori Bank’s $25m venture financing deal with GOPIZZA