The $154m venture financing of TripActions was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $432.3m were announced globally in October 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 30.5% over the previous month of $622.17m and a drop of 44.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $775.09m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $250.5m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $195.5m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in October 2022 was the US with four deals, followed by the Republic of Korea (South Korea) with two and Australia with two.
In 2022, as of October, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $6.93bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 31.7% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 71.8% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $310.3m, against the overall value of $432.3m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Andreessen Horowitz and Premji Invest’s $154m venture financing deal with TripActions
2) The $55m venture financing of OTI Lumionics by Anzu Partners, Lee Lau, LG Technology Ventures, Samsung Venture Investment and UDC Ventures
3) Air Street Capital, Beyond capital ventures, Discovery Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Fidji Simo, Heartcore Capital, Keen Venture Partners, Omnes Capital, Partech Partners, Point Nine Capital and Thia Ventures’s $47.7m venture financing deal with Gourmey Foods
4) The $28.6m venture financing of Nourish Ingredients by CSIRO Financial Services, Horizons Ventures and Hostplus Investments
5) Big Basin Capital, Capstone Partners, CJ Investment & Securities, DS Asset Management, GS Ventures, Mirae Asset Securities, Ncore Ventures, Pureun Partners Asset Management and Woori Bank’s $25m venture financing deal with GOPIZZA
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.