Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $660.2m were announced globally for July 2022, with the $320m acquisition of knix wear being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 83.9% over the previous month of $4.11bn and a drop of 93.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $10.68bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 61.76% with 39 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 102 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $508.5m in July 2022.
Consumer industry cross border deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 92.2% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $608.5m, against the overall value of $660.2m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Essity’s $320m acquisition deal for 80% stake in knix wear
2) The $150m venture financing of Emergy Food by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Cultivate Next, Grosvenor Food & AgTech, Revolution Growth and Wellington ManagementLLP
3) Morinaga Milk Industry’s $56m acquisition deal with NutriCo Morinaga (Private)
4) The $52.5m acquisition of The Spice Tailor by Premier Foods
5) LLC, 8090 Partners, Alante Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Card Sound Capital, Circulate Capital, Envisioning Partners, Inditex, Lansdowne Partners, Marubeni and Milliken’s $30m venture financing deal with Circ
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.