The $120m venture financing of Remilk was the beverage industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $359.6m were announced globally in January 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 1058.3% over the previous month of $31.05m and a rise of 24.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $289.7m.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $190.24m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $190.24m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for beverage industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in January 2022 was the US with 11 deals, followed by the China with five and India with one.
In 2022, as of January, beverage venture financing deals worth $359.64m were announced globally, marking an increase of 903.8% year on year.
beverage industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five beverage industry venture financing deals accounted for 72.5% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five beverage venture financing deals stood at $260.73m, against the overall value of $359.6m recorded for the month.
The top five beverage industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Aliya Capital Partners,Chartered Group,CPT Capital,Fresh.Fund,Hanaco Ventures Capital,Hochland,Idan Ofer,Indorama Ventures,Izaki Ventures,OurCrowd,Paradigm Shift Capital,Precision Capital,Rage Capital,Tal Ventures,Tnuva Food Industries and Yofix Probiotics $120m venture financing deal with Remilk
2) The $75m venture financing of Supplying Demand by Access Capital Fund,Live Nation Entertainment,Nomad Venture Fund,PowerPlant Partners and Science
3) The Production Board $30m venture financing deal with Cana Technology
4) The $20m venture financing of Fermented Sciences by Beam Suntory,Beechwood Ventures,Monogram Capital Partners,Powerplant Ventures and Quadrant Capital Advisors
5) ByteDance $15.73m venture financing deal with Oriental Honghu