Led by $15.7m venture financing of Greater Than or Equal to Nine, total beverage industry venture financing deals worth $29.4m were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q2 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 87.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 94% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $488.57m.
Asia-Pacific held an 11.70% share of the global beverage industry venture financing deal value that totalled $251.35m in Q2 2022. With a 9.61% share and deals worth $24.16m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across beverage industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 26 deals during Q2 2022, marking an increase of 44.44% over the previous quarter and a drop of 17.46% over the last four-quarter average. China recorded 13 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific beverage industry venture financing deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals accounted for 89.7% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five beverage venture financing deals stood at $26.37m, against the overall value of $29.4m recorded for the quarter.
The top five beverage deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Centurium Capital $15.7m venture financing deal with Greater Than or Equal to Nine
2) The $7.44m venture financing of Leyin Innovation Technology by Kuanzhai Venture Capital and Shengjing Jiacheng Investments
3) 7Square Ventures,Anirudh Somani,Keki Mistry,Roots Ventures (India),Varun Alagh,Vidur Talwar and Vishesh Khurana $1.85m venture financing deal with Radiohead BrandsLtd
4) The $0.78m venture financing of Zhicha by Hubei Zhiyuanqiao Technology
5) David Burson and George Georgiadis $0.6m venture financing deal with Monceau