Total beverage industry venture financing deals worth $202m were announced in the in Q2 2022, with $40m venture financing of Atomo Coffee being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 38.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 47.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $384.47m.
The US held an 80.36% share of the global beverage industry venture financing deal value that totalled $251.35m in Q2 2022.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 36 deals during Q2 2022, marking a decrease of 5.26% over the previous quarter and a a drop of 19.10% over the last four-quarter average.
US beverage industry venture financing deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five beverage industry venture financing deals accounted for 70.6% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $142.5m, against the overall value of $202m recorded for the quarter.
The top five beverage industry deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AgFunder,Horizons Ventures and S2G Ventures $40m venture financing deal with Atomo Coffee
2) The $31m venture financing of Lemon Perfect by Beechwood Capital,Beyonce,Goat Rodeo Capital,Melitas Ventures,NNS Holding and Trousdale Ventures
3) Carbon Direct Capital Management,JetBlue Technology Ventures,PARLEY FOR THE OCEANS and Toyota Ventures $30m venture financing deal with Air Co
4) The $29m venture financing of A Shoc Beverage by 7-Ventures,Aaron Judge,Brooks Koepka,Chase Elliott,Chase Young,Freddie Freeman,Keurig Dr Pepper,Lance Collins,Lexi Thompson,Michael Strahan and Paul Rodriguez
5) 25Madison,Aria Growth Partners and Clayton Christopher $12.5m venture financing deal with Que Onda Beverage