Total beverage industry deals worth $972.9m were announced globally for January 2022, with the $330m acquisition of Canarchy Craft Brewery Collective being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 20.1% over the previous month of $809.9m and a drop of 60.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.47bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 12.24% with 43 deals in January 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 49 deals.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $522.18m in January 2022.
beverage industry deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 86% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $836.3m, against the overall value of $972.9m recorded for the month.
The top five beverage industry deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Monster Beverage $330m acquisition deal with Canarchy Craft Brewery Collective
2) The $281.3m acquisition of 75% stake in Hansa Borg Bryggerier by Royal Unibrew
3) Aliya Capital Partners,Chartered Group,CPT Capital,Fresh.Fund,Hanaco Ventures Capital,Hochland,Idan Ofer,Indorama Ventures,Izaki Ventures,OurCrowd,Paradigm Shift Capital,Precision Capital,Rage Capital,Tal Ventures,Tnuva Food Industries and Yofix Probiotics $120m venture financing deal with Remilk
4) The $75m venture financing of Supplying Demand by Access Capital Fund,Live Nation Entertainment,Nomad Venture Fund,PowerPlant Partners and Science
5) The Production Board $30m venture financing deal with Cana Technology