Total beverage industry deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $1bn acquisition of China Resources C’estbon Beverage (China) being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 58% over the previous month of $974.88m and a drop of 38.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.52bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.00% with 42 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 50 deals.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $1.11bn in February 2022.
beverage industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 96.4% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.49bn, against the overall value of $1.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five beverage industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Plateau Consumer $1bn acquisition deal for 40% stake in China Resources C’estbon Beverage (China)
2) The $248.67m acquisition of Shafer Vineyards by Shinsegae Property
3) Masan Group $110m acquisition deal for 31% stake in Phuc Long Heritage Joint Stock
4) The $67.12m venture financing of Waterdrop Microdrink by Bitburger Ventures,Founders Future and Temasek Holdings (Private)
5) Casa Verde Capital,Horizons Ventures,James Stewart,Level One Fund,Rage Capital and SOSV Investments $60m venture financing deal with Ava Food Labs