Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
We've had a reminder this month of the high levels of investment being ploughed into the renaissance of Irish whiskey by emerging players.>
Heineken's announcement earlier today of an approach by SABMiller confirms what some observers have warned in recent months: The 'Mega-Merger' is most definitely on.>
To many observers, the endgame for 'Mega Merger' began today. With SABMiller being outed for approaching Heineken about a takeover, the overwhelming feeling among analysts is that, with Heineken pooh-poohing SAB's overtures, Anheuser-Busch InBev has started the engines on its plan to buy the world's second largest brewer.>
Triple-region wine show The Beautiful South kicked off in London yesterday, with a different feel and look to last year's inaugural event.>
The study concerned is based on a large number of women participating in a clinical trial (enhanced screening for certain cancers versus routine care) focusing on prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer.>
Today's official opening of the new Guinness production facility at the brand's St James's Gate site in the centre of Dublin stands in marked contrast to how the plot's future looked less than ten years ago. It is refreshing to see – for whatever reason - a plc the size of Diageo bowing to a brand's provenance, even if such nods are a rarity these days.>
Current hot issue
At the end of August, Pernod Ricard released its full-year results for fiscal 2013/14. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- just a While Ago - On 15 September in...
- NETHERLANDS: Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- CHINA/US: Boreal Water Collection agrees Soho Corp tie-up
- US: DS Services of America snaps up Pine Mountain Springs
- BELGIUM: Anheuser-Busch InBev silent on bank talks over SABMiller deal
- Product Launch - US: Brown-Forman's Southern Comfort Gingerbread Spice
- Product Launch - GLOBAL: Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- US: Anheuser-Busch pilots Facebook gifting service
- US: Brewers Association appoints CEO
- US: New Belgium Brewing installs president to oversee growth
- GLOBAL: SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk
- just the Week in - Spirits & Wine
- just the Week in - Soft Drinks & Bottled Water
- just the Week in - Beer
- GLOBAL: Ex-William Grant exec to head Orangina Schweppes International
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp