Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
In a meeting with journalists earlier this month, SABMiller CEO Alan Clark happily chatted about his soft drinks plans.>
This month, my just-drinks colleague James Wilmore took on the question of why MillerCoors has yet to join in the rush to snap up the US's best-performing craft brewers.>
After decades of rampaging growth, the vodka sector has more recently been enduring the unfamiliar experience of feeling a little left behind.>
The story of the next five years for spirits is the expected universal and significant trading-up and premiumisation, according to the recently-released IWSR Forecast Report 2014 – 2019.>
Jorge Grosse has been CEO of González Byass since mid-2006. Earlier this year, just-drink editor Olly Wehring met him in London to discuss Sherry, casks and the firm's moves to diversify its portfolio.>
SABMiller may have been trying to sneak news of its Brazilian tie-up with Petropolis under the radar, but the news comes on the back of pronouncements by the brewer that it is keen to up its presence in the country. It also comes at a time that SABMiller finds itself in a position where it needs to make an acquisition. And fast.>
Current hot issue
In November, SABMiller released its year-to-date results for 2014. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
The long-running spat between US and Czech brewers has stepped up a notch after the Czech president described American beer as “filthy water” this week.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Global vodka sales dip in 2013, but US set for “unrelenting” growth – research
- just a While Ago - On 25 November in...
- Wines of South Africa switches Cape Wine from every two to every three years
- Pioneer Foods readies exit from PepsiCo South Africa franchise
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- George Clooney takes Tequila Casamigos to Canada
- Anheuser-Busch InBev to host Super Bowl music party
- just a While Ago - On 24 November in...
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Grupo Petropolis tie-up
- Monin to invest EUR30m in doubling capacity
- Pernod Ricard takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Product Launch - Molson Coors' Franciscan Well Chieftain IPA
- Pernod Ricard unveils global Jacob's Creek campaign - video
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014