Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Heineken will remain an “active player” in seeking acquisitions, despite having fended off an approach itself from SABMiller, according to the Dutch brewer's CFO.>
The rise of 'craft' continues, with new spirits brands riding the wave in the US. One such overnight success in Tito's Handmade Vodka, which has seen sales soar in the last couple of years. The downside, however, has been that the brand has caught the eye over its craft claims. Richard Woodard considers the evidence.The rise of 'craft' continues, with new spirits brands riding the wave in the US. One such overnight success in Tito's Handmade Vodka, which has seen sales soar in the last couple of years. The downside, however, has been that the brand has caught the eye over its craft claims. Richard Woodard considers the evidence.>
The Coca-Cola Co is facing the “new normal” as global consumers confront mounting concerns over issues such as disease and economic uncertainty, according to the company's CEO.>
Earlier today, The Coca-Cola Co reported a drop in year-to-date profits and sales. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how each region has performed for the soft drinks group: >
Amidst the much-publicised decline of both regular and reduced sugar carbonates, The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo have confirmed plans to launch stevia-based cola carbonates (Coca Cola Life and Pepsi True) in the US.>
An analyst has said that Cognac is headed for a “dead-cat bounce” in the next six months as the current downward trends reverse into a slight upward blip.>
Current hot issue
At the end of October, The Coca-Cola Co released its year-to-date results for 2014. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- just a While Ago - On 22 October in...
- Deep Eddy Vodka opens new distillery
- Q3 sales dip pulls down Heineken YTD
- Product Launch - Sogrape Vinhos's Sandeman Port Cask 33
- Anheuser-Busch launches lawsuit over bid for distributor licence
- Product Launch - Lakes Distillery's Lakes Gin
- The Coca-Cola Co endures tough Q3 as YTD profits drop
- just a While Ago - On 21 October in...
- Nestlé Waters to cut 60 jobs at Vittel-Contrexville site
- The Coca-Cola Co targets US$3bn annual cost savings by 2019
- Casa Cuervo to form single Travel Retail division
- Product Launch - Stone Brewing Co's Smoked Porter with Chocolate & Orange Peel
- Guala Closures targets California wineries with screwcap design studio
- Constellation Brands places US$800m of senior notes
- China drags on Australian wine exports - figures
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"