Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
As just-drinks white spirits commentator, Richard Woodard, noted earlier this month, we are experiencing a latter-day Gin Craze. But, here in the 21st Century, this is no Hogarthian excess: This boom in small batch spirits is a further manifestation of the global development of craft distilling. Far from slowing down, the craft distilling movement appears to be gathering pace and attracting ever greater interest from consumers and industry giants.>
For years, they said it couldn't be done. In wine, the theory goes, if you're playing a volume game then you can't all of a sudden make the switch to a value-focussed strategy. And, for a long time, they were right: Talk in recent years of getting consumers to trade up their wine choices has fallen on deaf ears. Within the space of just two years, however, Treasury Wine Estates has proved the theory wrong.>
Coca-Cola India has confirmed a temporary halt in production at its plant just outside Delhi, having been in communication with pollution control authorities. >
Drinkable yogurt has always been the poor stepchild of cup yogurt. Makers of yogurt have generally chosen to spend their time and resources on opportunities in cup yogurt rather than pursue the beverage opportunity. But, there are signs that this is changing, as top yogurt brands are opening the innovation spigot in yogurt drinks.>
Today, Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) said its full-year net profits more than doubled, with net sales jumping by 20%. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Australian-headquartered company's performance by region:>
Yesterday, Carlsberg reported a 25% leap in half-year net profits despite tough trading environments in several of its key markets. In its official statement, the brewer took the time to update investors on the progress of its 'Funding the Journey' cost-saving initiative. >
Current hot issue
In August, Carlsberg released its results for the first six months of 2016. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- "Our position is between classic, industrial beers and the craft segment" - Interview, Brauerei C&A Veltins export manager Udo Bruns and UK agent Steve Holt
- New Craft Brew Alliance arrangement gives Anheuser-Busch InBev takeover option
- UK households with children increase spending on drinking out - figures
- South Africa wine value growth outpaces volumes - figures
- Harviestoun puts faith in can format with UK releases
- Roust Group puts Zubrówka bison in frame for bottle overhaul
- RW Knudsen Family's organic vegetable juices - Product Launch
- Purity Brewing Co bolsters management team, reports growth
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - Product Launch
- Pabst Brewing Co to distribute Dog Tag Brewing across US
- UK drinks producers chase GI maintenance following European Union departure
- Exports boost Irish beer production - figures
- COFCO's China Foods prepares Coca-Cola bottling operations sale
- SABMiller shareholders granted split vote on Anheuser-Busch InBev takeover
- Wine exports from New Zealand hit double-figure rise in 2015 - figures
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages