Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
This month, Richard Woodard looks at the NPD trend of blending spirits either together or with another alcoholic segment to create a whole, new sub-category. Is this really innovation at its purest?>
Earlier this month, after Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co and Rhone Capital tabled a joint-bid for Treasury Wine Estates that prompted the wine company to open its books, I posited that the move would not trigger a bidding war.>
The struggles go on for Carlsberg who, in its half-year results yesterday, indicated that things in Russia – where it is market leader – look set to get worse before they get better.>
There was a general thumbs up from analysts in the wake of Heineken's H1 results yesterday. But while many praised the brewer's strong volumes increases, there was concern over what may well be a more difficult second half to the year.>
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has admitted that its FIFA World Cup marketing failed to deliver expected sales boosts as consumers in Australia suffer “promotion fatigue”.>
The CEO of Treasury Wine Estates has revealed the company would consider acquisitions of luxury wine assets in the US after admitting its portfolio in the segment is “underdeveloped”.>
Current hot issue
In August, Heineken released its half-year results for 2014. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Here's a brave move by the folk from Camerata at Paulie's in Houston: a wine-related parody of Summer Nights from Grease.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- just the Research
- NETHERLANDS: Heineken boosts United Breweries holding
- US: Diageo on track with US$115m Bulleit distillery
- Product Launch - US: Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines' Woodwork
- UK: Portman Group finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- NEW ZEALAND: Wine exports jump 10% in volumes, value
- AUS: Treasury Wine Estates sees FY losses after 'challenging' year
- DENMARK: Carlsberg issues profits warning as half-year stagnates
- NETHERLANDS: Heineken warns of slowing H2 as H1 holds steady
- Product Launch - US: Heaven Hill Distilleries' Hpnotiq Sparkle
- Product Launch - US: Constellation Brands' Svedka Peach
- ASIA: Edrington lines up Vietnam, Taiwan launch for Snow Leopard
- UK: Ken Wright Cellars secures UK distribution
- US: MillerCoors confirms marketing executive departure
- AUSTRALIA: Coca-Cola Amatil warns of tough 2014 as H1 profits fall
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down