Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
It was to be a key weapon in The Coca-Cola Co's fight against declining soda sales. But since its launch in Argentina in 2013 Coke Life has carried the whiff of underachievement as consumers struggled to connect with its lower-sugar (but not no-sugar) positioning.>
In achieving its goal to replenish water equivalent to its 2015 sales volumes "back to nature and communities", Coca-Cola gave itself a compelling sustainability story to tell consumers. Greg Koch, senior director of Global Water Stewardship at Coca-Cola, spoke with Ben Cooper about what "replenishment" means, and why getting the minutiae of the methodology right is so important.>
In the US, carbonated water has become a non-alcoholic beverage star, as consumers choose sparkling waters and seltzers instead of carbonated soft drinks to cut calorie and sugar consumption. The same trend is now crossing over into flavoured alcoholic beverages (FABs), as so-called 'hard seltzers' have emerged as a promising new niche.>
As the Travel Retail industry gathers for next week's TFWA World Exhibition amid the luxury yachts and pampered pooches of sunny Cannes, this most global of sales channels has much to ponder.>
The world will have 400m new luxury spirits consumers by 2020, according to a new report from Diageo.>
Coca-Cola's recent water-replenishment achievements underline the company's status as a leader in sustainability within the drinks sector. However, Ben Cooper writes, an even greater focus on specific areas of water stress from all drinks companies looks certain to be required to take industry engagement on water to the next level.>
Current hot issue
In early-September, Pernod Ricard released its results for the 12 months to the end of June 2016. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- The Coca-Cola Co relegates Coke Life to "niche" status in W Europe - just-drinks EXCLUSIVE
- Sazerac Co buys Pernod Ricard's Fris Vodka
- This week in beer & cider, featuring SABMiller shareholders, the craft can revolution and the Trump-shaped risk to Constellation Brands
- This week in soft drinks & bottled water, featuring Coke Life's "niche" status, PepsiCo's results and consolidation for Coca-Cola bottlers in Japan
- This week in spirits & wine, featuring a preview of next week's TFWA Travel Retail show, the future for cocktails and a potential buyer for SABMiller's Distell stake
- "We want to make sure we go where the consumer is going" - PepsiCo CEO
- Dunkin' Donuts partners Coca-Cola Co to launch RTD coffees
- Bottling consolidation hits Japan, with merger creating the world's third-largest Coca-Cola bottler
- Brainwave's ProWater high-protein bottled water - Product Launch
- Coca-Cola Amatil unveils US$36m New Zealand juice plant
- Pernod Ricard’s Scapa Glansa peated Scotch whisky - Product Launch
- Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet Winchester Collection Vintage 1966 - Product Launch
- Heineken targets global off-premise players with new role
- PepsiCo ups nine-month beverage volumes - results
- US hits Anheuser-Busch InBev with US$6bn fine over "improper" India sales
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends