Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
While it may come as a surprise to the beleaguered beverage industry in North America and Western Europe, global soft drinks had an extremely successful year in 2014. Total volumes in soft drinks last year, including retail and foodservice, grew by 3.5%, and by 6% in value terms – the best performance of the past five years.>
The second part of January's management briefing, which previews the year ahead for the global drinks industry, is itself a two-parter. Here, Spiros Malandrakis, senior alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor International considers the four key trends facing the beer category.>
In this second chapter of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead for the beer category, alcoholic drinks analyst Amin Alkhatib considers the top strategies for global beer and cider/perry companies in 2015.>
Part three of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead sees the company's senior alcoholic drinks analyst, Spiros Malandrakis, forecast the five key trends that will come to bear on the overall spirits category.>
In this, the second chapter of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead for the spirits category, senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington predicts a period of M&A calm in 2015.>
The final part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead for the global drinks industry focuses on wine. First, senior alcoholic drinka analyst Spiros Malandrakis considers the key trends that could affect the category in 2015. This is followed by Jeremy Cunnington's look at wine companies’ universal strategy to M&A.>
Remy Cointreau released its third-quarter and nine-month financial results in January. Here is a full round up of just-drinks' coverage of the numbers.
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- just the week in - Soft Drinks & Bottled Water
- just the week in - Spirits & Wine
- Meantime eyes national footprint with expansion north
- just the Week in - Beer
- just a While Ago - On 30 January in...
- Bacardi launches UK campaign for Bombay Sapphire - video
- Diageo speaks out over Guinness, Premier League tie-up rumours
- Campbell Soup Co realigns beverage units
- UK beer volumes edge up as off-trade sales leapfrog on-trade
- Bacardi moves Latin America head into Europe post
- BrewDog launches distribution unit, agrees Stone Brewing Co tie-up
- Carlsberg shuts two Russian breweries
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 shows signs of improvement
- just a While Ago - On 29 January in...
- Product Launch - Beam Suntory's Sourz Rainbow Ice
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)