Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
The general intention of Japan's drinks companies to break out of their domestic market has been a headline of the last six years, at least. Today's confirmation that Kirin Holdings is looking to pull out of Brazil, however, shows the pitfalls of this strategy. Indeed, the fact that this is playing out in one of the fabled BRIC markets serves to bring the strategy into worrying relief.>
Remy Cointreau has started the year with a surprise - the company's Q3 Cognac sales, announced yesterday, surpassed even the most optimistic of expectations.>
Yesterday, Remy Cointreau posted a strong jump in YTD sales driven by impressive Cognac Q3 performances in China and the US. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by brand and on a regional basis in the period.>
Following on from Chris Losh's look at the year ahead for wine and Stephen Beaumont's consideration of the future for beer, Richard Woodard looks at how the white spirits segment is shaping up for 2017.>
Once a month, the drinks industry-funded International Alliance for Responsible Drinking, which covers alcohol policies worldwide, looks at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.>
Philip Gregan, the CEO of trade organisation New Zealand Winegrowers was in London this week for the country's annual UK trade tasting. He sat down with just-drinks to talk Brexit, Trump and the future of Sauvignon Blanc.>
Current hot issue
As part of just-drinks' Spirits Essentials series, this look at the Cognac segment provides comprehensive figures and information on the sector, its markets and its trends.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles.
With over 25 years of experience as a beverages analyst, Ian Shackleton provides a monthly view of the drinks industry from an investor's perspective
Every month, The International Alliance for Responsible Drinking presents a round-up of responsible consumption developments from around the world.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev targets South Africa management with voluntary redundancy plan
- Yealands Wine Group names new CEO
- US wholesalers to combine to form Northwest Beverages
- The Coca-Cola Co opens new Bangladesh factory
- Molson Coors invests in Spain's Cervezas La Sagra
- Diageo calls time on high-end spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Heineken confirms talks to buy Kirin's troublesome Brazilian assets
- This week in beer & cider featuring beer predictions for 2017, Kirin's woes in Brazil and new Spanish breweries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Molson Coors
- This week in spirits & wine featuring spirits predictions for 2017, an interview with New Zealand Winegrowers' CEO and Remy Cointreau's YTD results
- Boston Beer Co reformulates Rebel IPA
- Bai Brands lines up Justin Timberlake Super Bowl ad
- Coca-Cola India reorganises bottler ties, appoints operations head
- Anheuser-Busch InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining trend offers drinks consumption opportunities in 2017 - Diageo
- UK drinks industry flags free trade, EU nationals, VAT reduction as Brexit plan takes shape
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits