Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Last month, Diageo confirmed that it was upping the intake of its entrepreneur initiative project, Distill Ventures. Ian Buxton speaks to Frank Lampen, the unit's chief tasting officer, to learn how Distill Ventures is working out for the drinks giant.>
As promised, Pernod Ricard provided further details behind its 'Allegro' cost-saving programme last week. The concept was first given an airing in February this year, and all we were given at the time were two numbers: EUR150m, three years.>
When a company announces a cost-savings programme, you can guarantee it will get its own headline. When the programme is given a name by the company, the headline gets that little bit louder. But when the company announcing the programme is French, then start polishing those lightbulbs.>
Larry Nelson has been looking at the global brewers' numbers this month, and mulling what their report cards say about the state of international beer brands.>
Monster Beverage Corp is set to boost its global standing on a significant scale after agreeing a deal with the Coca-Cola Co earlier this month.>
Speaking after the release of Brown-Forman's first-quarter results yesterday, CEO Paul Varga was typically upbeat over the performance of fledgling flavoured whiskey Tennessee Fire.>
Current hot issue
At the end of August, Pernod Ricard released its full-year results for fiscal 2013/14. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, soft drinks NPD, the Champagne category and international beer brands.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- FINLAND: Altia Corp forced to cut jobs to 'secure future'
- INDIA: Diageo debuts Johnnie Walker House concept in Travel Retail
- CHILE: Santa Rita Estates switches CEO
- GLOBAL: Karlsson's Vodka formalises distribution with Berry Bros & Rudd
- UK: Gruppo Campari's J Wray & Nephew takes on Averna distribution
- Product Launch - UK: Multiple Marketing's Sunmagic 75% Juice, Sunmagic 45% Juice
- Product Launch - US: Small Hand Foods' Yeoman Tonic Syrup for Beefeater Gin
- Product Launch - US: Bacardi's Facundo Rum Collection
- Product Launch - TANZANIA: SABMiller's Fyfe’s Blended Scotch
- CHILE: Coca-Cola Andina H1 sales up despite "challenging" environment
- Product Launch - UK: BrewDog's This. Is. Lager.
- TRAVEL RETAIL: Russian Standard eyes growth with St Petersburg sleeve
- UK: Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- US: Coca-Cola Co strikes Knoxville deal with Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated
- MEXICO: Heineken agrees Empaque sale to Crown Holdings
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport