Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
We finally have some numbers to play with in Anheuser-Busch InBev's tussle with SABMiller. Add in a deadline that is only days away, and we've got ourselves our own drinks industry cliffhanger going on.>
It’s hard to believe now, but when Diageo acquired Seagram’s wine operations in late-2000, it was seen as a real opportunity; exciting even. Spirits, after all, were sluggish at the time, whereas wine was in impressive growth in the US and Europe. This, it was felt at the time, could be a niched, but prestigious, addition to the business.>
Earlier this year, Pernod Ricard outlined plans to shift the "heart" of its business from its brands to its consumers. Speaking at his first of the company's annual Capital Markets Day briefings, new CEO Alex Ricard told analysts and journalists that consumers "don't think in categories" any more. But, what does this consumer-centralisation mean, and how does a company go about it? One of Pernod's executive team charged with implementing changes is global business development director Conor McQuaid. just-drinks spoke to McQuaid to get a better idea of Pernod's consumer-centric company strategy.>
In a trading update earlier today, SABMiller reported a 4% increase in half-year sales, with the top line rising by 6% in the second quarter. Here, we look at the six- and three-month performance by region.>
It's all too much to happen on one day for this to be a coincidence, surely? Is SABMiller showing a bit of leg to Anheuser-Busch InBev while simultaneously whispering “higher, higher” in its suitor's ear? That's what two developments today suggest.>
Much as Brown-Forman would not be drawn on reports last week that its Southern Comfort whiskey liqueur has been put up for sale, the brand's performances of late suggest that the end is, if not already upon it, then just around the corner.>
Current hot issue
On 16 September, SABMiller confirmed it had received notification from Anheuser-Busch InBev that a takeover offer could be on its way. Here's the story as it unfolds.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol industry's calendar.
A regular series of interviews made up of quick-fire questions, where we invite a just-drinks subscriber to share their thoughts on the drinks industry.
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- SABMiller formally rejects Anheuser-Busch InBev offer
- Africa to play 'vital role' in proposed AB InBev SABMiller mega-brewer
- SABMiller poised to reject Anheuser-Busch InBev GBP42.15 bid
- Diageo offloads beer stakes to Heineken, ups Guinness Ghana Breweries control
- Constellation Brands H1 kicks on with second quarter sales rise
- Pernod Ricard revives Beefeater Crown Jewel after on-trade demand
- Product Launch - Remy Cointreau's Bruichladdich Octomore 07.3
- Product Launch - Campari America's Cynar 70 proof
- Product Launch - Beam Suntory's Hibiki Japanese Harmony Master’s Select
- Clover acquires Frankie's Olde Soft Drinks
- Heineken gets YouTube Strongbow ad knuckle rap
- Asia-Pacific drinks companies hopeful as TPP talks secure deal
- Accelerating Q2 boosts SABMiller sales in first half
- Stoli Group USA makes Bayou Rum its first third-party partner
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research