Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
The footballing world may be in turmoil today, but the drinks companies with more than a passing interest in the beautiful game seem determined not to be swept up by the latest scandal to hit FIFA. For now.>
At almost 75 years old, Augusto Reina could be taking it easy on an Italian beach somewhere. Instead, he's suited, booted and every bit the man in charge. Fresh from a trip to Ireland to check on the progress of his company's joint venture, the Walsh Distillery, he's sitting in his Florio Marsala winery on the north-west coast of Sicily, ready for the big launch: Disaronno Riserva.>
Last week, the South African government put up for public discussion proposed changes to the country's alcohol regulations. The 36-page Liquor Policy Review has caused a few ripples as it contends not only that alcohol producers and retailers should be made liable for drink-related damage to consumers but that the minimum drinking age should be increased from 18 to 21. >
In this month's review of drinks NPD, Tom Vierhile considers how wine companies are helping consumers make their wine-purchasing decisions.>
Last week, news spread of an impending Prosecco shortage. But beyond the sensationalist headlines, how likely is it that fans of the fast-growing sparkling wine will find themselves fighting over the last few bottles this Summer?>
Coca-Cola and Coors are the most popular soft and alcoholic drinks, according to Kantar Worldpanel's Brand Footprint report – an annual study of the most chosen FMCG brands globally.>
Current hot issue
In May, the International Wine Challenge released the gold medal winners for 2015. Here they are.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?
A regular series of interviews made up of quick-fire questions, where we invite a just-drinks subscriber to share their thoughts on the drinks industry.
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Coca-Cola Co to end Coke Light production in Russia
- Coca-Cola Co, Anheuser-Busch InBev express concern over FIFA scandal
- just a While Ago - On 28 May in...
- Coca-Cola Amatil defends Coke Life launch
- Beer Institute makes two key appointments
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Product launch - Venus Spirits' Wayward Whiskey Rye
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Frigoglass sells glass operations for US$225m
- William Grant & Sons targets Africa with Grant's ad - video
- PepsiCo CEO makes Forbes Powerful Women list
- Trade bill to slash spirits tax in US
- just a While Ago - On 27 May in...
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte hails record volumes in 2014
- Grand Marnier switches distribution in Australia
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review