Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Last weekend, news broke of yet another craft brewery acquisition by Anheuser-Busch InBev. This time, however, it was not in the US but in Italy.>
Although the global sales of Scotch whisky may have declined by around one quarter in volume terms in the past decade - slipping by 3% in 2014 alone, if you believe the optimistic statements of industry leaders, you'd be forgiven for thinking that all is for the best in this best of possible worlds.>
Following the release of its Q1 results yesterday, Anheuser-Busch InBev CEO Carlos Brito described the three-month period as having been "one of the most challenging quarters in many years" for Brazil.>
Morgan Stanley last week released a report based on a survey of US wholesalers that found increased confidence is the country's spirits market. The financial firm said the report, its first to directly survey wholesalers, is more forward-looking that traditional channel data and attempts to "identify key trends before they appear in Nielsen data and sell-side forecasts". The survey also quizzed wholesalers on future category performance. Here's a run-down of the key findings.>
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. Here's a look at Paddy and its position in the Irish whiskey category and Pernod's portfolio.>
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry. >
Current hot issue
On 20 April, The Coca-Cola Co released its results for the first three months of 2016. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage of the numbers
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving?
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Dogfish Head Brewery, Birra del Borgo part ways after Anheuser-Busch InBev deal
- "We are poised for bright business in China" - Anheuser Busch InBev CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev gets Australia okay for SABMiller takeover
- Teeling Whiskey Co's Spirit of Dublin Premium Irish Poitin - Product Launch
- AG Barr's Funkin Pro Syrup Jalapeno and Smoke flavours - Product Launch
- Cantona stars in latest Kronenbourg TV ad - video
- Mighty Swell Sparkling Cocktails - Product Launch
- Molson Coors moves in on Premier League as Carlsberg retreats
- US wholesalers point to Absolut volumes drop - report
- SABMiller yields to SA regulators ahead of Coca-Cola Beverages Africa tribunal
- Miller Lite to give Molson Coors "backbone" in global beer - CEO
- Brazil pulls on Anheuser-Busch InBev in Q1 as one-offs hit bottom line
- Quintessential continues Irish acquisitions with brewery stake
- Berry Bros & Rudd drops Maxxium, Mangrove in UK distribution move
- Exports roar as Monster Beverage Corp restores balance in Q1
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India