Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Earlier today, Constellation Brands reported a bumper fiscal first-quarter, with net profits rising by a third. Here, we take a closer look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of May by category.>
Corporate sustainability strategies are about balancing commercial priorities with environmental and social concerns. Ben Cooper asks whether Heineken has struck the right balance with its decision to embrace motorsport sponsorship.>
Alll eyes are on Brazil at the moment as the country gears up for the Rio Olympics. Euromonitor International's senior beverage analyst, Hope Lee, looks at which brands and categories can win in Brazil's beverage market over the next few years. >
Last month, UK producer Seedlip launched the second expression in its range of self-described "non-alcoholic spirits". Seedlip Garden follows the launch in November of the original Seedlip, which sold out three times in high-end London retailer Selfridges and has caught the attention of bartenders with its positioning as an adult-aimed, non-alcoholic base for cocktails. Seedlip founder Ben Branson says the spirit - a distillation of botanicals including herbs, fruit and bark - is a riposte to non-alcoholic drinks that depend too heavily on sugary fruit blends, and offers a solution to the problem of "what to drink when you're not drinking". just-drinks spoke to Branson ahead of the launch of Seedlip Garden about his early successes, interest from Bahraini royalty and why the industry needs to get on-board the non-alcoholic category.>
Constellation Brands will report its first-quarter results on Thursday. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the three months to the end of May: >
Previous scientific research has shown that heavy alcohol consumption is a major risk factor for upper aero-digestive cancers, and even light drinking increases slightly the risk of breast cancer in women. A recent study is based on a very small number of cases of cancer in New Zealand, tabulated separately for Maori and non-Maori subjects. The research applies estimates of alcohol effects from other population-based studies.>
Current hot issue
The UK has voted to leave the European Union. Here, just-drinks looks at what it means for the drinks industry
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, courtesy of Gruppo Campari’s Sagatiba cachaça brand.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Constellation Brands hails "great start" to year with profits jump - Q1 results
- C&C Group trims UK fruit cider output as demand falters
- EU opens Anheuser-Busch InBev anti-trust probe in Belgium
- Europe toasts spirits boost, weighs Brexit impact
- South Africa grants Anheuser-Busch InBev conditional okay for SABMiller buy
- Edward Snell & Co’s Oude Molen XO Cape Brandy - Product Launch
- Zevia's Energy and Sparkling Water lines - Product Launch
- Diageo adds per-serving nutritional information to Johnnie Walker labels
- UK Food & Drink Federation attacks lack of government plan after Brexit vote
- Treasury Wine Estates' The Stag - Product Launch
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- "Transformational" spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- Monster Beverage Corp's move to Coca-Cola bottlers triggers convenience store struggles - analyst
- Greene King CEO issues Brexit warning over consumer confidence
- Pernod Ricard to shut down Morris Winery
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends