Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
This month, Chris Losh turns his attention to the Australian wine industry, and finds a country struggling with scant opportunities and structural problems in its number one export market.>
Sunday's Super Bowl is fast approaching, which back in the pre-YouTube days meant growing excitement over the TV cast's ads. These days, however, many advertisers release their Super Bowl commercials ahead of time in an attempt to seed interest and maximise views.>
There is future growth aplenty on offer in the Travel Retail channel, but a new report suggests a reappraisal of the traditional relationship between suppliers, operators and airport authorities would be of huge benefit to drinks brands going forward.>
US spirits trade organisation the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) held its annual spirits briefing in New York yesterday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the key takeaways from the event. >
Here, Spiros Malandrakis, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor International, shares his forecasts of the trends that will shape the alcohol industry in the year ahead.>
The news that Hunter Laing & Co has committed GBP8m (US$11.4m) to move from independent bottler to full-blown distiller by building its own, brand-new distillery on Islay got me thinking: What makes the place so special? After all, it's hardly the only Scottish island with a distillery.>
Current hot issue
In January, the World Economic Forum released its latest global risks report. just-drinks considers the report, which quantifies and compares the economic, environmental, geopolitical, societal and technological risks facing businesses around the world.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of the artisanal producer. In other words, they are sick of the big boys moving into what they consider their hallowed turf.
A regular series of interviews made up of quick-fire questions, where we invite a just-drinks subscriber to share their thoughts on the drinks industry.
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- This week in spirits & wine, featuring another Havana Club twist, Australia's wine failings and Islay's special-ness
- This week in beer and cider, featuring SABMiller's corporation tax counter, Super Bowl 50 ads and Casella's Yellow Tail beer
- This week in soft drinks and bottled water, featuring Suntory, Latvia's energy drinks ban, Coca-Cola Co and Super Bowl 50
- Highfern's Angels’ Nectar Blended Malt Scotch Whisky Rich Peat Edition - Product Launch
- William Grant & Sons restructures US commercial team
- Casella Family Brands launches Yellow Tail beer - report
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju Province Winery
- Craft Brew Alliance FY sales inch up, set fair for 2016
- Heaven Hill Distilleries' Burnett’s Flavored Vodka Cucumber Lime - Product Launch
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch whisky - Product Launch
- Remy Cointreau renews US distribution deals
- Speyside Distillers eyes global growth through US$3.3m loan
- Rombauer Vineyards' 2015 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc - Product Launch
- Kirin Lion's Hahn Ultra - Product Launch
- Concha y Toro renews Casillero del Diablo Sky deal
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020