Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
China may be the world's second biggest economy but, when it comes to global brand-building, the country lags most top nations.>
Five years ago this month, Constellation Brands spoke publicly about its plans for its Australian wine business. >
Excessive maternal alcohol consumption during pregnancy (especially among women with alcohol dependency) is known to markedly increase the risk of the foetus showing a group of developmental disorders defined as foetal alcohol spectrum syndrome (FASD), with the most serious form being foetal alcohol syndrome (FAS).>
As the saccharine tide of flavoured vodkas in the US begins to finally subside, flavoured whiskies are leading the charge for the taste buds of millennials, female drinkers and young professionals searching for the next trending shot – from the nation’s bars to the twittersphere.>
Earlier this year, South African multi-category drinks producer Distell set up a unit specifically for its higher-end wine portfolio. The CEO of Distell Vineyards & Estates, Carina Gous, spoke to just-drinks earlier this year about the new division, its plans abroad and the prospects for the broader South African wine category going forward.>
Pernod Ricard's decision this week to withdraw its support for the geographical indication (GI) 'Plymouth Gin' makes sense to me, but that such a GI exists at all serves only to underline the confusion that still abounds in the gin category.>
Current hot issue
In November, SABMiller released its year-to-date results for 2014. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- just the Week in - Spirits & Wine
- just the Week in - Soft Drinks & Bottled Water
- just the Week in - Beer
- just a While Ago - On 21 November in...
- PepsiCo carves out bottler footprint in north, east India
- The Cola-Cola Co to sell Fairlife Ultra-Filtered at double price of milk
- Sharon Rockefeller to stand down from PepsiCo board
- Keurig Cold set for Autumn 2015 release
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- just a While Ago - On 20 November in...
- Cider of Sweden head resigns, Kopparberg Brewery CEO steps in
- Diageo targets 'Millennial' women with new Baileys push - video
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints South Korea head
- Paula Erickson becomes chief HR officer at Beam Suntory
- Product Launch - Diageo and Combs Wine & Spirits' DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research