Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Today, Diageo reported a drop in full-year profits and sales as problems in emerging markets took their toll. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions: >
Today, Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a rise in first-half group sales and net profits. Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's performance in its global markets:>
The news this month that Castel has seen its wine operations in Ethiopia bear fruit suggests that the effects of climate change are already taking hold in the wine industry. Ben Cooper investigates.>
While much is made in the global wine industry of the importance of emerging markets, a recent report has warned that growth is still available in the more mature markets for those willing to innovate - be it in wine styles, marketing or distribution.>
It's only been a matter of weeks since the FIFA World Cup ended, but already it seems that the goals, the glories and the glut of tournament-themed advertising are fading in the memory.>
Can anything be read into Peter Swinburn's decision to step down as Molson Coors' CEO in relation to a merger between SABMiller and Anheuser-Busch InBev? >
Current hot issue
In July, PepsiCo released its first-half results for 2014. Here's the full round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
Every month we look back at what was making the headlines five years ago. What happened? Why? And, where are they now?
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Who's reporting what on the latest issues in the drinks industry.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- CHINA: Diageo writes down value of Shuijingfang by GBP264m
- BELGIUM: Anheuser-Busch InBev H1 profits, sales up after Grupo Modelo takeover
- UK: Weak emerging markets hamper Diageo in FY
- just the Research
- FRANCE: Belvédère chairman to step down
- IRELAND/POLAND: C&C Group attacks Polish ad law as Magners faces shirt ban
- UK: Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as non-exec director
- GLOBAL: Diageo boosts exec committee as Ghostine quits
- ISRAEL/US: SodaStream sees sales rise, but profits struggle in Q2
- UK: Morrisons bans 'super-strength' alcohol cans
- Product Launch – US: Diageo's Smirnoff Sorbet Light Summer Strawberry, White Peach
- INDIA: ITC to expand from cigarettes to beverage sector
- UK: Mast-Jägermeister sees TV ad banned
- Product Launch – UK: Fuller, Smith & Turner's Gale’s Beachcomber
- EUROPE: PepsiCo appoints Western Europe, South Africa GM for Tropicana
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director