Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Regardless of what country you choose or in which time period it is framed, three words can be used to characterise most early craft beer development: small, undercapitalised and ale. As much as the first two are fairly obvious – we didn't call it 'microbrewing' for nothing, and pretty much all small-scale start-ups are underfunded – the third, ale, is somewhat less self-evident. It is nevertheless directly related to its predecessors.>
Earlier today, SABMiller released a trading update, with sales in the three months to the end of June rising by 2% year-on-year. Here, just-drinks looks at the company's top-line performance by region.>
SABMiller will release its first-quarter trading update on Thursday (21 July). Here, just-drinks looks back at the beer producer's activities in the three months to the end of June.>
Earlier today, Remy Cointreau posted flat sales for the three months to the end of June. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by brand and on a regional basis in the period.>
This month, William Grant & Sons launched its annual UK market report. Here, just-drinks looks at the report's findings on the UK's main spirits categories.>
This month, Ray Rowlands looks at how The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller, and Gutsche Family Investments have teamed up to create Coca-Cola Beverages Africa, and considers some of its implications for the region.>
Current hot issue
In July, Anheuser-Busch InBev was given the green light by US anti-trust authorities for its takeover of SABMiller. Here, just-drinks looks at how the news was received and SABMiller's Q1 results.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- Beam Suntory turns Asda Japanese with UK Midori push
- This week in spirits & wine, featuring Remy Cointreau's flat first quarter, Pernod Ricard's Wild Geese conspiracy and Hine Cognac interview
- This week in soft drinks & bottled water, featuring the birth of Coca-Cola Beverages Africa, coffee bean diversification move by Coca-Cola Co and Britvic's YTD sales dip
- This week in beer & cider, featuring craft beer's dalliances with lager, Heineken's United Breweries eagerness and MegaBrew is almost here
- Diageo's India wine unit launches new expression, amid talk of uncertain future
- US cider on course to stabilise - Boston Beer CEO
- Yealands Family Wines adds 26% to home vineyard
- Casella Family Brands saves Pernod Ricard's Morris Winery
- Constellation Brands expands board with Frederic Cumenal appointment
- The Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo eye fizzy fruit juice in India - report
- Diageo appoints Vince Hudson as new Smirnoff head
- More pain for Boston Beer Co as H1 continues declines - results
- Nichols predicts strong full-year after H1 sales, profits boost - results
- Anheuser-Busch InBev halts US wholesaler incentive plan
- Britvic's YTD sales fall on still soft drinks drag - results
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends