Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a beverages analyst with several major banks, including Credit Suisse, Lehman Brothers and Nomura. Now a principal at financial communications company Bell Pottinger, Ian will cast an analyst's eye each month over developments and issues affecting the drinks industry. This month, he looks at what the Trump effect could be, the prospects for the local spirits sector and the importance of the IR point-of-contact.>
Sanford Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling is no stranger to the drinks industry. Having spent the late ‘90s as strategic planning director for Guinness Ireland, he then took on the role of packaged trade director at the company. He followed that by starting his own private-client wine merchant. In 2004, Stirling became an analyst at Bernstein, where he covers the major European brewing and spirits companies. Here, he talks to just-drinks about the role of an analyst, and how he sees the future of the drinks industry shaping up.>
The latest report from the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), assessing companies' efforts on water, reveals a strong representation from drinks companies among those companies the project considers to be leaders in water stewardship. Ben Cooper reports.>
Last week, Heineken delivered one of its What's Brewing seminars, a series of presentations by regional presidents for industry analysts. The latest covered Europe, and Heineken's head of the region, Stefan Orlowski, spoke about the importance of premium growth on the continenet as well as the contiued growth in low- and no-alcohol products. Here, just-drinks presents some of Orlowski's key findings on the European beer market.>
Late last week, Concha y Toro reported slowing sales and profits growth in its third quarter, with ForEx proving the main drag. Here, we take a closer look at the Chilean company's performance in the three months to the end of September.>
Today, Britvic posted a rise in its full-year sales and profits, boosted by the integration of Brazilian soft drinks producer Empresa Brasileira de Bebidas e Alimentos (EBBA). Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region in the 52 weeks to 25 September.>
Current hot issue
In late-November, Dr Pepper Snapple Group secured full control of Bai 5 owner Bai Brands. Here is just-drinks' full coverage of the matter.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Canadean considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- just-drinks' Confidence Survey 2017 - We Need You
- This week in beer & cider featuring the threat from cannabis, Carlsberg Export's rebrand and the first beers from Heineken's Ivory Coast operations
- This week in soft drinks & bottled water featuring Britvic's results, The Coca-Cola Co's Gaza bottling plant and Suntory's Vietnam ambitions
- This week in spirits & wine featuring beverage analysts, Irish whiskey's potential and new appointments at Diageo and Bacardi
- PepsiCo, The Coca-Cola Co bottlers ordered to halt water extraction from Indian river
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Non-EU beer exports on increase as European brewers expand horizons - study
- Anheuser-Busch InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK
- Suntory Beverage & Food targets Vietnam growth with capacity boost
- Big Rock Brewery names interim CFO
- Gigglewater Wines' Gigglewater range - Product Launch
- Pabst Brewing Co selects ex-Duvel Moortgat US head to become CEO
- Diageo strike threat postponed as unions agree fresh ballot
- Remy Cointreau snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Let industry lead Brexit trade talks - Wine and Spirit Trade Association
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne