Beverage industry news, insights, analysis and comment
Comprehensive coverage of the beverage industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-drinks's leading network of international journalists.
Much as the US hogs the craft beer limelight, the segment finally appears to be going global. Stephen Beaumont looks at how craft has broken out of its birthplace and is cropping up in markets around the world. >
The Coca-Cola Co's first-quarter results may have looked familiar to investors - flattish growth injected with life mainly through price increases. >
On 9 May, Diageo is hosting its latest Capital Markets Day for analysts and investors, in London. Ahead of the group's presentations, Anthony Bucalo, global beverages analyst at HSBC, has prepared a list of questions for the senior executive team, for what he describes as a "crucial" day for Diageo. >
Yesterday, Dr Pepper Snapple Group reported its results for the first three months of 2017. The company saw its sales rise slightly in the first quarter, although profits were hit by the US$1.7bn purchase in November of Bai Brands. Here's a breakdown of DPSG's sales on a by-reporting-segment basis. >
It's the last thing the English language needs, but could a companion term to the verbally-ugly 'premiumisation' pass into everyday use in the years to come? Is 'mainstreamisation' – a neologism arguably even more hideous than the p-word – here to stay? Richard Woodard thinks so. >
It is ironic that one of the newest beverage ingredient trends is linked to one of the oldest ingredients in traditional south Asian medicine. Ashwagandha has been a prized ingredient in Ayurvedic medicine for over 3,000 years, but it is only now making inroads into packaged beverages. And, if current innovation trends are any indication, ashwagandha could be a rising star in the functional drinks sector. >
In late-February, just-drinks spent an hour with the head of Pernod Ricard, Alex Ricard. Here's our exclusive, two-part interview.
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry.
With over 25 years of experience as a beverages analyst, Ian Shackleton provides a monthly view of the drinks industry from an investor's perspective
Every month, The International Alliance for Responsible Drinking presents a round-up of responsible consumption developments from around the world.
Award-winning writer and author Stephen Beaumont gives us his monthly thoughts on what is keeping the global beer industry busy.
Each month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over emerging trends that could be of use to drinks companies and their brands
As just-drinks travels around the world, we get to see many distilleries, breweries, wineries and drinks facilities. Here's some guided tours for you.
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research hosts forums that look at research conducted around the world on the relationship between alcohol consumption and health.
just-drinks brings you the winners of the main awards in the global drinks industry.
Every month, Tom Vierhile from consumer intelligence provider GlobalData considers the latest NPD activity in the drinks industry.
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector on a monthly basis.
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Here's where we bring together all of the product launches covered on just-drinks.
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
What to look out for, ahead of company results.
Every month, just-drinks gives a drinks executive a grilling.
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
A look at the latest research, available in the just-drinks store.
A deeper consideration of the issues making the headlines on just-drinks.
Once a month, we put a drinks executive on the spot with a bout of quick-fire questions.
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
- The Boston Beer Co "committed" to seasonal beers despite drop - Jim Koch
- BrewDog launches into spirits with LoneWolf vodka, gin
- Sales, profits tumble as The Boston Beer Co struggles through Q1 2017 - results
- Edrington follows Highland Park extension with Viking-themed revamp
- Twisted Halo's Twisted Halo - Product Launch
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - Product Launch
- Bottom-line jumps in 2016, but headwinds remain for Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits - results
- Berkeley soda tax cuts sugared-beverage sales by 10% - study
- The Coca-Cola Co to follow fibre-enriched Coke with more functional drinks
- Moet Hennessy not in play for Diageo, despite LVMH Christian Dior purchase
- Bai Brands acquisition drags on profits for Dr Pepper Snapple Group in Q1 2017- results
- PepsiCo pulls Stubborn Soda, Caleb’s Kola after sugar mix-up
- The Coca-Cola Co to cut 1,200 jobs
- Nichols braced for currency squeeze in 2017 - Q1 trading update
- Tesco puts first Chinese wine on its UK shelves
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report