Blog: Yes, we can, says Boston Beer Co
Andy Morton | 20 February 2013
Boston Beer Co founder Jim Koch has long been no fan of the can, believing glass superior to aluminium in the delivery of beer to mouth.
Seems like he's changed his mind.
Yesterday, we reported that Boston Lager will soon be available in the “Sam Can”, Boston Beer Co's first aluminium offering, named after its Samuel Adams brand. "In the past, I had my doubts," Koch said. "But cans have changed."
The Sam Can has a wider lip, which apparently helps deal with one of Koch's main bugbears - that air can't circulate in the palate as well with cans as with bottles. Of course, it'll also solve that other problem for Koch – that only selling lager in glass bottles severely limits your customer base. With its new-fangled can, Boston Beer Co takes another step into the mainstream.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends