Blog: Yes, we can, says Boston Beer Co
Andy Morton | 20 February 2013
Boston Beer Co founder Jim Koch has long been no fan of the can, believing glass superior to aluminium in the delivery of beer to mouth.
Seems like he's changed his mind.
Yesterday, we reported that Boston Lager will soon be available in the “Sam Can”, Boston Beer Co's first aluminium offering, named after its Samuel Adams brand. "In the past, I had my doubts," Koch said. "But cans have changed."
The Sam Can has a wider lip, which apparently helps deal with one of Koch's main bugbears - that air can't circulate in the palate as well with cans as with bottles. Of course, it'll also solve that other problem for Koch – that only selling lager in glass bottles severely limits your customer base. With its new-fangled can, Boston Beer Co takes another step into the mainstream.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research