Chris Brook-Carter | 1 October 2003
Indeed, it took me a couple of reads before I realised that the distillery's claims the US Defense Threat Reduction Agency where actually concerned it was anthrax or the like rather than malt whisky it was producing wasn't some joke.
Best of all is that the defense agency became concerned after watching the distillery's production process from the webcams on Bruichladdich's website - is it normal for Bin Laden and his cohorts to televise their operations?
Having noticed that one of the webcams was no longer functioning and therefore apparently becoming more suspicious, the Agency, rather than send a man into such a dangerous operation, sent an email which was "curious as to why the webcam that was inside the shop/bar is no longer there, or at least, functional". Good to know we are in such safe hands.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends