Chris Brook-Carter | 1 October 2003
Indeed, it took me a couple of reads before I realised that the distillery's claims the US Defense Threat Reduction Agency where actually concerned it was anthrax or the like rather than malt whisky it was producing wasn't some joke.
Best of all is that the defense agency became concerned after watching the distillery's production process from the webcams on Bruichladdich's website - is it normal for Bin Laden and his cohorts to televise their operations?
Having noticed that one of the webcams was no longer functioning and therefore apparently becoming more suspicious, the Agency, rather than send a man into such a dangerous operation, sent an email which was "curious as to why the webcam that was inside the shop/bar is no longer there, or at least, functional". Good to know we are in such safe hands.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets