Blog: Will grey sky thinking lead to broccoli beverage boom?
Andy Morton | 20 June 2014
A joint US and Chinese study released this week has found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
It may not sound like much - and the thought of a broccoli tea may also underwhelm - but for the beverage industry this smacks of a perfect storm.
Benzene is a human carcinogen mainly found in air pollutants, something that the Chinese are becoming increasingly worried about as skies above the country get ever more clogged with the consequences of rapid modernisation.
Expect very soon a flood of broccoli-based beverages on the country's market, and everywhere else that pollution threatens peace of mind. Possibly.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
The Coca-Cola Co is launching a series of TV and online ads celebrating the 100th anniversary of its brand Coca-Cola bottle....
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report