Blog: Will grey sky thinking lead to broccoli beverage boom?
Andy Morton | 20 June 2014
A joint US and Chinese study released this week has found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
It may not sound like much - and the thought of a broccoli tea may also underwhelm - but for the beverage industry this smacks of a perfect storm.
Benzene is a human carcinogen mainly found in air pollutants, something that the Chinese are becoming increasingly worried about as skies above the country get ever more clogged with the consequences of rapid modernisation.
Expect very soon a flood of broccoli-based beverages on the country's market, and everywhere else that pollution threatens peace of mind. Possibly.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
China Huiyuan Juice Group has offloaded nine struggling subsidiaries in its home market....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research