Blog: Will grey sky thinking lead to broccoli beverage boom?
Andy Morton | 20 June 2014
A joint US and Chinese study released this week has found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
It may not sound like much - and the thought of a broccoli tea may also underwhelm - but for the beverage industry this smacks of a perfect storm.
Benzene is a human carcinogen mainly found in air pollutants, something that the Chinese are becoming increasingly worried about as skies above the country get ever more clogged with the consequences of rapid modernisation.
Expect very soon a flood of broccoli-based beverages on the country's market, and everywhere else that pollution threatens peace of mind. Possibly.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
RW Knudsen Family has launched five vegetable juice blends. ...
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages