Blog: Whisky, whisky everywhere...
Olly Wehring | 1 March 2013
We all like a laugh at someone else's expense, don't we? Witness, for example, the gleeful coverage today and yesterday of a whisky spill at Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers bottling operations up in Scotland.
When we spoke to the folk at Chivas this morning, they played down the volumes being quoted, but conceded that “a significant amount” of Scotch went down the plughole at its Dumbarton bottling facility on Tuesday evening.
More seriously, the unit was at pains to point out that none of the whisky hit any rivers in the area. “We have informed Scottish Water and other relevant authorities,” Chivas said.
You wouldn't catch me being so wasteful. I have a rule that I must sup the melted ice from my whisky glass the morning after.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research