Blog: Whisky, whisky everywhere...
Olly Wehring | 1 March 2013
We all like a laugh at someone else's expense, don't we? Witness, for example, the gleeful coverage today and yesterday of a whisky spill at Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers bottling operations up in Scotland.
When we spoke to the folk at Chivas this morning, they played down the volumes being quoted, but conceded that “a significant amount” of Scotch went down the plughole at its Dumbarton bottling facility on Tuesday evening.
More seriously, the unit was at pains to point out that none of the whisky hit any rivers in the area. “We have informed Scottish Water and other relevant authorities,” Chivas said.
You wouldn't catch me being so wasteful. I have a rule that I must sup the melted ice from my whisky glass the morning after.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends