Blog: Whisky, whisky everywhere...
Olly Wehring | 1 March 2013
We all like a laugh at someone else's expense, don't we? Witness, for example, the gleeful coverage today and yesterday of a whisky spill at Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers bottling operations up in Scotland.
When we spoke to the folk at Chivas this morning, they played down the volumes being quoted, but conceded that “a significant amount” of Scotch went down the plughole at its Dumbarton bottling facility on Tuesday evening.
More seriously, the unit was at pains to point out that none of the whisky hit any rivers in the area. “We have informed Scottish Water and other relevant authorities,” Chivas said.
You wouldn't catch me being so wasteful. I have a rule that I must sup the melted ice from my whisky glass the morning after.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research