Blog: What does one call English wine!?
James Wilmore | 10 July 2013
The wife of the UK's heir to the throne has weighed in on the discourse around English wine.
No, the Duchess of Cornwall has not given us her opinion on whether the stuff's any good or not, but a critique of the term "English sparkling wine". During the opening of a new GBP2.5m (US$3.7m) winery at Hambledon Vineyard, in Hampshire yesterday (9 July) Camilla reportedly said: "I think everyone ought to put their heads together and find a new English name for sparkling wine."
She added: "I don't think 'sparkling' sounds good enough. It ought to have something with more depth. That's my good plan to find a new word for it, if anyone's got any ideas I'd be thrilled."
Suggestions are welcome, on a postcard, to: Clarence House, London.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends