Blog: Westons competition lands Peter the story of his life
Andy Morton | 10 July 2014
Peter Hardee claims he drinks Henry Westons Vintage Cider because it's just like himself - “nice and mature”.
Now the 88-year-old is to have his life story bottled, in a way. Hardee has won the opportunity to narrate his autobiography and have it published, thanks to a competition win with Westons.
It should be a packed read - the war veteran from the West Midlands in the UK served as an officer in the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment in Jerusalem during World War II, and enjoyed a successful career in the engineering industry. He has two daughters, four granddaughters and one great granddaughter.
Hardee said: “I’m really looking forward to telling lots of colourful stories about my past."
The only problem is, he adds, is that "now I have to remember them all!”
Yesterday, Molson Coors reported a marked fall in full-year net profits on a 14% drop in sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the brewer's Q4 performance by region:...
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research