Blog: Westons competition lands Peter the story of his life
Andy Morton | 10 July 2014
Peter Hardee claims he drinks Henry Westons Vintage Cider because it's just like himself - “nice and mature”.
Now the 88-year-old is to have his life story bottled, in a way. Hardee has won the opportunity to narrate his autobiography and have it published, thanks to a competition win with Westons.
It should be a packed read - the war veteran from the West Midlands in the UK served as an officer in the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment in Jerusalem during World War II, and enjoyed a successful career in the engineering industry. He has two daughters, four granddaughters and one great granddaughter.
Hardee said: “I’m really looking forward to telling lots of colourful stories about my past."
The only problem is, he adds, is that "now I have to remember them all!”
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends