Blog: Westons competition lands Peter the story of his life
Andy Morton | 10 July 2014
Peter Hardee claims he drinks Henry Westons Vintage Cider because it's just like himself - “nice and mature”.
Now the 88-year-old is to have his life story bottled, in a way. Hardee has won the opportunity to narrate his autobiography and have it published, thanks to a competition win with Westons.
It should be a packed read - the war veteran from the West Midlands in the UK served as an officer in the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment in Jerusalem during World War II, and enjoyed a successful career in the engineering industry. He has two daughters, four granddaughters and one great granddaughter.
Hardee said: “I’m really looking forward to telling lots of colourful stories about my past."
The only problem is, he adds, is that "now I have to remember them all!”
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
UK brewer Fuller's has become the latest company to roll out cider in cans. ...
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Brick Brewing Co's craft beer division Waterloo Brewing has lined up the launch of a citrus radler....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World