Blog: Westons competition lands Peter the story of his life
Andy Morton | 10 July 2014
Peter Hardee claims he drinks Henry Westons Vintage Cider because it's just like himself - “nice and mature”.
Now the 88-year-old is to have his life story bottled, in a way. Hardee has won the opportunity to narrate his autobiography and have it published, thanks to a competition win with Westons.
It should be a packed read - the war veteran from the West Midlands in the UK served as an officer in the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment in Jerusalem during World War II, and enjoyed a successful career in the engineering industry. He has two daughters, four granddaughters and one great granddaughter.
Hardee said: “I’m really looking forward to telling lots of colourful stories about my past."
The only problem is, he adds, is that "now I have to remember them all!”
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits