Blog: Westons competition lands Peter the story of his life
Andy Morton | 10 July 2014
Peter Hardee claims he drinks Henry Westons Vintage Cider because it's just like himself - “nice and mature”.
Now the 88-year-old is to have his life story bottled, in a way. Hardee has won the opportunity to narrate his autobiography and have it published, thanks to a competition win with Westons.
It should be a packed read - the war veteran from the West Midlands in the UK served as an officer in the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment in Jerusalem during World War II, and enjoyed a successful career in the engineering industry. He has two daughters, four granddaughters and one great granddaughter.
Hardee said: “I’m really looking forward to telling lots of colourful stories about my past."
The only problem is, he adds, is that "now I have to remember them all!”
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
Boston Beer Co has launched a cider made entirely of apple varieties from New York State. ...
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends