Blog: Want to sneak beer past festival security? Just concentrate
Andy Morton | 24 August 2012
The team here at just-drinks think beer is great. Really, really great.
Except for one thing – bottles and cans are just too darn heavy. Luckily, one US company has the solution with its very own beer concentrate. As 95% of beer is just plain old water, Pat's Backcountry Beverages figured why not just condense the essentials (malt, barley, hops etc) into a little bag. You can add the water whenever you want to start drinking.
Check it out here. It's really designed for hiking trips when space is at a premium, though we reckon it'll go down very well with the summer festival crowd who enjoy sticking it to the man and sneaking their own drinks into the party. No more giveaway clinks emanating from bags and loose-fitting clothes as you walk past security.
The only downside, in our view, is you need to pack the company's patented carbonator that adds fizz to the beer. And judging by its similarity to items used in other favourite festival activities, it could possibly land you in a lot more trouble with suspicious guards than a couple of smuggled vodka bottles.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends