Blog: Want to sneak beer past festival security? Just concentrate
Andy Morton | 24 August 2012
The team here at just-drinks think beer is great. Really, really great.
Except for one thing – bottles and cans are just too darn heavy. Luckily, one US company has the solution with its very own beer concentrate. As 95% of beer is just plain old water, Pat's Backcountry Beverages figured why not just condense the essentials (malt, barley, hops etc) into a little bag. You can add the water whenever you want to start drinking.
Check it out here. It's really designed for hiking trips when space is at a premium, though we reckon it'll go down very well with the summer festival crowd who enjoy sticking it to the man and sneaking their own drinks into the party. No more giveaway clinks emanating from bags and loose-fitting clothes as you walk past security.
The only downside, in our view, is you need to pack the company's patented carbonator that adds fizz to the beer. And judging by its similarity to items used in other favourite festival activities, it could possibly land you in a lot more trouble with suspicious guards than a couple of smuggled vodka bottles.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World