Blog: Want to sneak beer past festival security? Just concentrate
Andy Morton | 24 August 2012
The team here at just-drinks think beer is great. Really, really great.
Except for one thing – bottles and cans are just too darn heavy. Luckily, one US company has the solution with its very own beer concentrate. As 95% of beer is just plain old water, Pat's Backcountry Beverages figured why not just condense the essentials (malt, barley, hops etc) into a little bag. You can add the water whenever you want to start drinking.
Check it out here. It's really designed for hiking trips when space is at a premium, though we reckon it'll go down very well with the summer festival crowd who enjoy sticking it to the man and sneaking their own drinks into the party. No more giveaway clinks emanating from bags and loose-fitting clothes as you walk past security.
The only downside, in our view, is you need to pack the company's patented carbonator that adds fizz to the beer. And judging by its similarity to items used in other favourite festival activities, it could possibly land you in a lot more trouble with suspicious guards than a couple of smuggled vodka bottles.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China