Blog: Uber beer
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 January 2004
Those whose interest in history reaches no further than the 1970s, or whose idea of culture is pyrotechnics rather than pyramids (see above) but who still love a novelty beer, may wish to take a quick trip to swap Japan for California.
In recognition of the historic political events in California at the end of last year, The Portland Brewing Company has introduced "Governator" beer in acknowledgment of California's new governor, Hollywood action man Arnold Schwarzenegger.
According to reports, the commemorative bitter ale features a Pumping Iron label in tribute to Schwarzenegger's "Terminator" character.
According to Jerome Chicvara, the company's CEO, the idea for "Governator" beer came about when his college-age children combined the words "governor" and "terminator" to form "governator" - those crazy kids!
Unfortunately for Arnie's legion of international fans the beer will only be available in California.
If anyone else has some ideas for a novelty beer maybe they would like to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages