Blog: Uber beer
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 January 2004
Those whose interest in history reaches no further than the 1970s, or whose idea of culture is pyrotechnics rather than pyramids (see above) but who still love a novelty beer, may wish to take a quick trip to swap Japan for California.
In recognition of the historic political events in California at the end of last year, The Portland Brewing Company has introduced "Governator" beer in acknowledgment of California's new governor, Hollywood action man Arnold Schwarzenegger.
According to reports, the commemorative bitter ale features a Pumping Iron label in tribute to Schwarzenegger's "Terminator" character.
According to Jerome Chicvara, the company's CEO, the idea for "Governator" beer came about when his college-age children combined the words "governor" and "terminator" to form "governator" - those crazy kids!
Unfortunately for Arnie's legion of international fans the beer will only be available in California.
If anyone else has some ideas for a novelty beer maybe they would like to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research