Blog: Uber beer
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 January 2004
Those whose interest in history reaches no further than the 1970s, or whose idea of culture is pyrotechnics rather than pyramids (see above) but who still love a novelty beer, may wish to take a quick trip to swap Japan for California.
In recognition of the historic political events in California at the end of last year, The Portland Brewing Company has introduced "Governator" beer in acknowledgment of California's new governor, Hollywood action man Arnold Schwarzenegger.
According to reports, the commemorative bitter ale features a Pumping Iron label in tribute to Schwarzenegger's "Terminator" character.
According to Jerome Chicvara, the company's CEO, the idea for "Governator" beer came about when his college-age children combined the words "governor" and "terminator" to form "governator" - those crazy kids!
Unfortunately for Arnie's legion of international fans the beer will only be available in California.
If anyone else has some ideas for a novelty beer maybe they would like to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends