Blog: Uber beer
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 January 2004
Those whose interest in history reaches no further than the 1970s, or whose idea of culture is pyrotechnics rather than pyramids (see above) but who still love a novelty beer, may wish to take a quick trip to swap Japan for California.
In recognition of the historic political events in California at the end of last year, The Portland Brewing Company has introduced "Governator" beer in acknowledgment of California's new governor, Hollywood action man Arnold Schwarzenegger.
According to reports, the commemorative bitter ale features a Pumping Iron label in tribute to Schwarzenegger's "Terminator" character.
According to Jerome Chicvara, the company's CEO, the idea for "Governator" beer came about when his college-age children combined the words "governor" and "terminator" to form "governator" - those crazy kids!
Unfortunately for Arnie's legion of international fans the beer will only be available in California.
If anyone else has some ideas for a novelty beer maybe they would like to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research