Blog: The Keurig Cold - Coca-Cola Co's informant on the inside
Andy Morton | 4 August 2014
Last week, Bloomberg ran a wide-ranging interview with Coca-Cola's North American head Sandy Douglas that focussed on the company's battles against the health lobby. But that particular fight is already well documented, and it was the article's insights into Coca-Cola's next generation home-carbonation platform, the Keurig Cold, that were much more revealing.
For example, did you know that Coca-Cola's 16% stake in Keurig Green Mountain only came about because a former executive left the soft drinks firm to take over the reins at Keurig? When Brian Kelley found out about the secret Keurig Cold plans he figured this was something his previous employer ought to be in on.
The article also reveals that the as-yet-unreleased Keurig Cold machine will be something of a Trojan horse in your kitchen, sending consumption data back to Coca-Cola so it can keep tabs on what consumers are drinking.
It'll be interesting, in light of recent wider revelations on privacy, to see how people react to that.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends