Blog: The Keurig Cold - Coca-Cola Co's informant on the inside
Andy Morton | 4 August 2014
Last week, Bloomberg ran a wide-ranging interview with Coca-Cola's North American head Sandy Douglas that focussed on the company's battles against the health lobby. But that particular fight is already well documented, and it was the article's insights into Coca-Cola's next generation home-carbonation platform, the Keurig Cold, that were much more revealing.
For example, did you know that Coca-Cola's 16% stake in Keurig Green Mountain only came about because a former executive left the soft drinks firm to take over the reins at Keurig? When Brian Kelley found out about the secret Keurig Cold plans he figured this was something his previous employer ought to be in on.
The article also reveals that the as-yet-unreleased Keurig Cold machine will be something of a Trojan horse in your kitchen, sending consumption data back to Coca-Cola so it can keep tabs on what consumers are drinking.
It'll be interesting, in light of recent wider revelations on privacy, to see how people react to that.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Coca-Cola Amatil has launched a summer marketing campaign for bottled water brand Mount Franklin....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends