Blog: The Keurig Cold - Coca-Cola Co's informant on the inside
Andy Morton | 4 August 2014
Last week, Bloomberg ran a wide-ranging interview with Coca-Cola's North American head Sandy Douglas that focussed on the company's battles against the health lobby. But that particular fight is already well documented, and it was the article's insights into Coca-Cola's next generation home-carbonation platform, the Keurig Cold, that were much more revealing.
For example, did you know that Coca-Cola's 16% stake in Keurig Green Mountain only came about because a former executive left the soft drinks firm to take over the reins at Keurig? When Brian Kelley found out about the secret Keurig Cold plans he figured this was something his previous employer ought to be in on.
The article also reveals that the as-yet-unreleased Keurig Cold machine will be something of a Trojan horse in your kitchen, sending consumption data back to Coca-Cola so it can keep tabs on what consumers are drinking.
It'll be interesting, in light of recent wider revelations on privacy, to see how people react to that.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages