Blog: The Keurig Cold - Coca-Cola Co's informant on the inside
Andy Morton | 4 August 2014
Last week, Bloomberg ran a wide-ranging interview with Coca-Cola's North American head Sandy Douglas that focussed on the company's battles against the health lobby. But that particular fight is already well documented, and it was the article's insights into Coca-Cola's next generation home-carbonation platform, the Keurig Cold, that were much more revealing.
For example, did you know that Coca-Cola's 16% stake in Keurig Green Mountain only came about because a former executive left the soft drinks firm to take over the reins at Keurig? When Brian Kelley found out about the secret Keurig Cold plans he figured this was something his previous employer ought to be in on.
The article also reveals that the as-yet-unreleased Keurig Cold machine will be something of a Trojan horse in your kitchen, sending consumption data back to Coca-Cola so it can keep tabs on what consumers are drinking.
It'll be interesting, in light of recent wider revelations on privacy, to see how people react to that.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has reported a rise in sales for 2016, with volumes dropping back in the period....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends