Blog: The Keurig Cold - Coca-Cola Co's informant on the inside
Andy Morton | 4 August 2014
Last week, Bloomberg ran a wide-ranging interview with Coca-Cola's North American head Sandy Douglas that focussed on the company's battles against the health lobby. But that particular fight is already well documented, and it was the article's insights into Coca-Cola's next generation home-carbonation platform, the Keurig Cold, that were much more revealing.
For example, did you know that Coca-Cola's 16% stake in Keurig Green Mountain only came about because a former executive left the soft drinks firm to take over the reins at Keurig? When Brian Kelley found out about the secret Keurig Cold plans he figured this was something his previous employer ought to be in on.
The article also reveals that the as-yet-unreleased Keurig Cold machine will be something of a Trojan horse in your kitchen, sending consumption data back to Coca-Cola so it can keep tabs on what consumers are drinking.
It'll be interesting, in light of recent wider revelations on privacy, to see how people react to that.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends