Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 2 September 2014
On just-drinks last week
- In spirits, Pernod Ricard released its full-year results on Thursday, with sales and profits both falling. Our full coverage of the numbers can befound here. The company also gave further details of its Allegro cost-saving project, a move that, some analysts suggest, could signal a new beginning for Pernod. Also last week, Brown-Forman forecast a healthy full fiscal-year,despite slowing growth in its first quarter. Meanwhile, another senior departure at Bacardi prompted me to round up the company's HR runaround of late. And, it's been lively.
- Our soft drinks readers will enjoy Tom Vierhile's look at the NPD activity in the cold-pressed juice sector. The full round-up of Tom's NPD reviews can be found here. Ben Cooper, meanwhile, took his monthly consideration of sustainability in the drinks industry to the tax arena, specifically renewed attempts in the US to raise taxes on full-sugar soft drinks.
- The wine folk among you may be interested in our latest global market review of the Champagne category. The report, which was published last week, features profiles of the top 13 Champagne houses and includes sales forecasts to 2014. For a taste of the report, click here.
- While it was a quieter week for the brewers - the only major news was that Molson Coors confirmed the appointment of a CEO for its European unit and SABMiller pulled in US$1bn from the sale of its stake in Tsogo Sun Holdings in South Africa - Larry Nelson shone his spotlight on the global beer brands and asked if the days of big being better are over.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Bar Convent Berlin wrapped up on Wednesday, with record numbers of visitors and exhibitors to the on-trade show. just-drinks sat down with co-founder Helmut Adam to find out what changes the show's ne...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research