Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
James Wilmore | 16 June 2014
On just-drinks last week:
Global gin watchers have plenty to get their teeth into as we launched the latest of our joint reports with the IWSR. Our commentator Richard Woodard also questioned what success looks like for a gin brand. My colleague Andy Morton ran the rule over how independence for his native Scotland, if voted for, would affect the Scotch whisky industry. And Remy Cointreau made an interesting choice for its new CEO.
In beer, the week was all about ingredients. Anheuser-Busch InBev and MillerCoors felt the force of people power after a 50,000-strong petition persuaded them to publish details of what goes into their brews. And Andy Morton investigated how brewers might take advantage of marijuana’s increasing decriminalisation in the US.
In wine, Brazilian producers have seen a surge in exports helped by the country’s hosting of the FIFA World Cup. In New Zealand meanwhile, winegrowers have a spring in their step as this year’s harvest was significantly up.
In soft drinks, Coca-Cola made lots of noise about the UK launch of its first cola to use stevia. Elsewhere our commentator Ray Rowlands looked at the history of Sunny Delight and going forward, its bid to crack the energy drinks market.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Carlsberg has appointed a new global supply chain head as it looks to optimise its logistical footprint....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends