Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
James Wilmore | 16 June 2014
On just-drinks last week:
Global gin watchers have plenty to get their teeth into as we launched the latest of our joint reports with the IWSR. Our commentator Richard Woodard also questioned what success looks like for a gin brand. My colleague Andy Morton ran the rule over how independence for his native Scotland, if voted for, would affect the Scotch whisky industry. And Remy Cointreau made an interesting choice for its new CEO.
In beer, the week was all about ingredients. Anheuser-Busch InBev and MillerCoors felt the force of people power after a 50,000-strong petition persuaded them to publish details of what goes into their brews. And Andy Morton investigated how brewers might take advantage of marijuana’s increasing decriminalisation in the US.
In wine, Brazilian producers have seen a surge in exports helped by the country’s hosting of the FIFA World Cup. In New Zealand meanwhile, winegrowers have a spring in their step as this year’s harvest was significantly up.
In soft drinks, Coca-Cola made lots of noise about the UK launch of its first cola to use stevia. Elsewhere our commentator Ray Rowlands looked at the history of Sunny Delight and going forward, its bid to crack the energy drinks market.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Constellation Brands' beer business seems to have given analysts plenty of reasons to be cheerful, following the company's first-half results, released yesterday. ...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research