Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 2 June 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- We launched our new preview feature, entitled 'just Ahead'. First up, we have the London Wine Fair, which opens today (2 June). While the three-day trade exhibition has narrowed its focus from the wine markets internationally to only the UK, the London Wine Fair still has an important role to play in one of the higher-profile wine markets of the world. Click here for our preview, and drop me a line if you're in the UK capital this week. It'd be good to meet up.
- The brewing category has been battling with rising hop prices of late, and some folk are blaming the craft brewers.Is this fair, or is it down to the more general rise in prices for raw materials? Meanwhile, with the FIFA World Cup just around the corner, the global beer producers - Anheuser-Busch InBev especially - will be starting their engines this week, ahead of Brazil versus Croatia a week on Thursday.
- In the second of his features on sustainability in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argued that, while we may trumpet our achievements thus far, now is not the time for sitting back and admiring the hard work we have done. Also, head over here for The International Center for Alcohol Policies' review of responsible drinking efforts in May.
- One of the more colourful areas of our coverage of drinks is in mergers & acquisitions. Head over here to read what Jeremy Cunnington from Euromonitor believes are the reasons for M&A, and what to look out for when you go shopping.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages