Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 2 June 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- We launched our new preview feature, entitled 'just Ahead'. First up, we have the London Wine Fair, which opens today (2 June). While the three-day trade exhibition has narrowed its focus from the wine markets internationally to only the UK, the London Wine Fair still has an important role to play in one of the higher-profile wine markets of the world. Click here for our preview, and drop me a line if you're in the UK capital this week. It'd be good to meet up.
- The brewing category has been battling with rising hop prices of late, and some folk are blaming the craft brewers.Is this fair, or is it down to the more general rise in prices for raw materials? Meanwhile, with the FIFA World Cup just around the corner, the global beer producers - Anheuser-Busch InBev especially - will be starting their engines this week, ahead of Brazil versus Croatia a week on Thursday.
- In the second of his features on sustainability in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argued that, while we may trumpet our achievements thus far, now is not the time for sitting back and admiring the hard work we have done. Also, head over here for The International Center for Alcohol Policies' review of responsible drinking efforts in May.
- One of the more colourful areas of our coverage of drinks is in mergers & acquisitions. Head over here to read what Jeremy Cunnington from Euromonitor believes are the reasons for M&A, and what to look out for when you go shopping.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
The UK spirits industry is preparing itself for short-term losses following the decision to leave the European Union. ...
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends