Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 2 June 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- We launched our new preview feature, entitled 'just Ahead'. First up, we have the London Wine Fair, which opens today (2 June). While the three-day trade exhibition has narrowed its focus from the wine markets internationally to only the UK, the London Wine Fair still has an important role to play in one of the higher-profile wine markets of the world. Click here for our preview, and drop me a line if you're in the UK capital this week. It'd be good to meet up.
- The brewing category has been battling with rising hop prices of late, and some folk are blaming the craft brewers.Is this fair, or is it down to the more general rise in prices for raw materials? Meanwhile, with the FIFA World Cup just around the corner, the global beer producers - Anheuser-Busch InBev especially - will be starting their engines this week, ahead of Brazil versus Croatia a week on Thursday.
- In the second of his features on sustainability in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argued that, while we may trumpet our achievements thus far, now is not the time for sitting back and admiring the hard work we have done. Also, head over here for The International Center for Alcohol Policies' review of responsible drinking efforts in May.
- One of the more colourful areas of our coverage of drinks is in mergers & acquisitions. Head over here to read what Jeremy Cunnington from Euromonitor believes are the reasons for M&A, and what to look out for when you go shopping.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Carlsberg has appointed a new global supply chain head as it looks to optimise its logistical footprint....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Heineken in talks to buy Kirin's Brazil presence
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits