Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 2 June 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- We launched our new preview feature, entitled 'just Ahead'. First up, we have the London Wine Fair, which opens today (2 June). While the three-day trade exhibition has narrowed its focus from the wine markets internationally to only the UK, the London Wine Fair still has an important role to play in one of the higher-profile wine markets of the world. Click here for our preview, and drop me a line if you're in the UK capital this week. It'd be good to meet up.
- The brewing category has been battling with rising hop prices of late, and some folk are blaming the craft brewers.Is this fair, or is it down to the more general rise in prices for raw materials? Meanwhile, with the FIFA World Cup just around the corner, the global beer producers - Anheuser-Busch InBev especially - will be starting their engines this week, ahead of Brazil versus Croatia a week on Thursday.
- In the second of his features on sustainability in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argued that, while we may trumpet our achievements thus far, now is not the time for sitting back and admiring the hard work we have done. Also, head over here for The International Center for Alcohol Policies' review of responsible drinking efforts in May.
- One of the more colourful areas of our coverage of drinks is in mergers & acquisitions. Head over here to read what Jeremy Cunnington from Euromonitor believes are the reasons for M&A, and what to look out for when you go shopping.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Earlier this year, Pernod Ricard outlined plans to shift the "heart" of its business from its brands to its consumers. Speaking at his first of the company's annual Capital Markets Day briefings, new ...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
In a trading update earlier today, SABMiller reported a 4% increase in half-year sales, with the top line rising by 6% in the second quarter. Here, we look at the six- and three-month performance by r...
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
While analysts mull the numbers of Anheuser-Busch InBev's impending offer for SABMiller, there's a timely reminder in The Times newspaper this week that the proposed deal may yet fall victim to other ...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research