Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 28 April 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- The release of Heineken’s Q1 figures on Thursday gave us the chance to drill down into the company’s current performance. It was almost three years ago when Heineken’s CEO flagged up the importance of Africa to its future plans. “What Brazil is for Anheuser-Busch InBev,” Jean-François van Boxmeer told me, “Africa is for Heineken.” So, how is the region - led by Nigeria for Heineken - bearing up for the brewer?
- Pernod Ricard, meanwhile, reported Q3 and YTD sales on Thursday (it was a busy day) that - yet again - highlighted the headaches being caused in China. But, away from the grim headlines, the wine and spirits company has been gaining plaudits for its broader footprint. And, that’s something Remy Cointreau would probably kill for.
- Staying with Pernod, the firm made a surprise purchase last week, in the form of Kenwood Vineyards in the US. For details on what it is that Pernod has bought,click here. Does the purchase mark the start of a wine shopping spree for Pernod? Also, we welcomed back a familiar face last week, with Troy Christensen, formerly of Constellation Brands and Accolade Wines returning to the wine fold.
- Finally, it looks like PepsiCo isn’t the only soft drinks company in disagreement with a rogue - albeit high-profile - shareholder. While CEO Indra Nooyi has found herself in the position where she needs to remind folk that she’s “still in the chair”, The Coca-Cola Co will be hoping for less drastic measures to calm Warren Buffett. The company’s biggest shareholder abstained from a vote on Coca-Cola’s executive pay plan, deeming the numbers involved “excessive”.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research