Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 17 March 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- While we’d heard some rumblings in recent weeks, just-drinks was first to secure confirmation from PepsiCo that it had chosen a partner to enter the home-carbonation arena. Malta-based Bevyz unveiled its Fresh Machine in the US at the weekend, and we had all the details. And, with Coca-Cola Co announcing its home-carbonation intentions last month, it appears that the two soft drink giants have found yet another front to fight on in the years to come.
- In spirits, Campari preceded its full-year results announcement with news that it has beefed up its drinks cabinet with the purchase of Canada’s Forty Creek Distillery. CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz has high hopes for the brand, hailing Forty Creek as “a real gem”. Meanwhile, I shared my thoughts on the speculation suggesting that Brown-Forman may be the next consolidation target in global spirits. Am I being naive? What do you think?
- After a recent spate of spirit-flavoured beer launches - Exhibit A: Anheuser-Busch InBev’s Cubanisto, Exhibit B: Heineken’s Desperados Verde - our reporter, Andy Morton, took a look at what is fast becoming another brewers’ battleground. Are ‘Speers’ where it’s at now?
- ProWein is almost upon us. We’re still running our daily preview of who’s doing what and when at this year’s exhibition, which opens this Sunday (23 March). To have your company’s details included, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, if you’re going to be at the event, let us know and we’ll come and say hi.
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with Bulldog Gin Co's founder & CEO, Anshuman Vohra, we looked at the birth and rise of the brand. In part two, Vohra considers the wider gin segment, Bulld...
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
Experts have said drinks and brands that do not centre around one gender will drive future trends, as modern consumers look to avoid stereotypes. ...
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020