Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 17 March 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- While we’d heard some rumblings in recent weeks, just-drinks was first to secure confirmation from PepsiCo that it had chosen a partner to enter the home-carbonation arena. Malta-based Bevyz unveiled its Fresh Machine in the US at the weekend, and we had all the details. And, with Coca-Cola Co announcing its home-carbonation intentions last month, it appears that the two soft drink giants have found yet another front to fight on in the years to come.
- In spirits, Campari preceded its full-year results announcement with news that it has beefed up its drinks cabinet with the purchase of Canada’s Forty Creek Distillery. CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz has high hopes for the brand, hailing Forty Creek as “a real gem”. Meanwhile, I shared my thoughts on the speculation suggesting that Brown-Forman may be the next consolidation target in global spirits. Am I being naive? What do you think?
- After a recent spate of spirit-flavoured beer launches - Exhibit A: Anheuser-Busch InBev’s Cubanisto, Exhibit B: Heineken’s Desperados Verde - our reporter, Andy Morton, took a look at what is fast becoming another brewers’ battleground. Are ‘Speers’ where it’s at now?
- ProWein is almost upon us. We’re still running our daily preview of who’s doing what and when at this year’s exhibition, which opens this Sunday (23 March). To have your company’s details included, email us at email@example.com. And, if you’re going to be at the event, let us know and we’ll come and say hi.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets