Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 17 March 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- While we’d heard some rumblings in recent weeks, just-drinks was first to secure confirmation from PepsiCo that it had chosen a partner to enter the home-carbonation arena. Malta-based Bevyz unveiled its Fresh Machine in the US at the weekend, and we had all the details. And, with Coca-Cola Co announcing its home-carbonation intentions last month, it appears that the two soft drink giants have found yet another front to fight on in the years to come.
- In spirits, Campari preceded its full-year results announcement with news that it has beefed up its drinks cabinet with the purchase of Canada’s Forty Creek Distillery. CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz has high hopes for the brand, hailing Forty Creek as “a real gem”. Meanwhile, I shared my thoughts on the speculation suggesting that Brown-Forman may be the next consolidation target in global spirits. Am I being naive? What do you think?
- After a recent spate of spirit-flavoured beer launches - Exhibit A: Anheuser-Busch InBev’s Cubanisto, Exhibit B: Heineken’s Desperados Verde - our reporter, Andy Morton, took a look at what is fast becoming another brewers’ battleground. Are ‘Speers’ where it’s at now?
- ProWein is almost upon us. We’re still running our daily preview of who’s doing what and when at this year’s exhibition, which opens this Sunday (23 March). To have your company’s details included, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, if you’re going to be at the event, let us know and we’ll come and say hi.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range