Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 17 March 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- While we’d heard some rumblings in recent weeks, just-drinks was first to secure confirmation from PepsiCo that it had chosen a partner to enter the home-carbonation arena. Malta-based Bevyz unveiled its Fresh Machine in the US at the weekend, and we had all the details. And, with Coca-Cola Co announcing its home-carbonation intentions last month, it appears that the two soft drink giants have found yet another front to fight on in the years to come.
- In spirits, Campari preceded its full-year results announcement with news that it has beefed up its drinks cabinet with the purchase of Canada’s Forty Creek Distillery. CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz has high hopes for the brand, hailing Forty Creek as “a real gem”. Meanwhile, I shared my thoughts on the speculation suggesting that Brown-Forman may be the next consolidation target in global spirits. Am I being naive? What do you think?
- After a recent spate of spirit-flavoured beer launches - Exhibit A: Anheuser-Busch InBev’s Cubanisto, Exhibit B: Heineken’s Desperados Verde - our reporter, Andy Morton, took a look at what is fast becoming another brewers’ battleground. Are ‘Speers’ where it’s at now?
- ProWein is almost upon us. We’re still running our daily preview of who’s doing what and when at this year’s exhibition, which opens this Sunday (23 March). To have your company’s details included, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, if you’re going to be at the event, let us know and we’ll come and say hi.
Diageo has lined up the sale of the bulk of its wine operations - including the Blossom Hill and le Piat d'Or brands - to Treasury Wine Estates....
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
As Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller agree to discuss a mutually-satisfactory takeover offer, Larry Nelson looks at who can be considered a winner and who a loser, should the US$104bn purchase go thr...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Anheuser-Busch is holding talks with authorities in the US over a deal to buy two Californian distributors....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- How big is MegaBrew? ABI/SAB market share, brands
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report