Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 17 March 2014
On just-drinks last week:
- While we’d heard some rumblings in recent weeks, just-drinks was first to secure confirmation from PepsiCo that it had chosen a partner to enter the home-carbonation arena. Malta-based Bevyz unveiled its Fresh Machine in the US at the weekend, and we had all the details. And, with Coca-Cola Co announcing its home-carbonation intentions last month, it appears that the two soft drink giants have found yet another front to fight on in the years to come.
- In spirits, Campari preceded its full-year results announcement with news that it has beefed up its drinks cabinet with the purchase of Canada’s Forty Creek Distillery. CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz has high hopes for the brand, hailing Forty Creek as “a real gem”. Meanwhile, I shared my thoughts on the speculation suggesting that Brown-Forman may be the next consolidation target in global spirits. Am I being naive? What do you think?
- After a recent spate of spirit-flavoured beer launches - Exhibit A: Anheuser-Busch InBev’s Cubanisto, Exhibit B: Heineken’s Desperados Verde - our reporter, Andy Morton, took a look at what is fast becoming another brewers’ battleground. Are ‘Speers’ where it’s at now?
- ProWein is almost upon us. We’re still running our daily preview of who’s doing what and when at this year’s exhibition, which opens this Sunday (23 March). To have your company’s details included, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, if you’re going to be at the event, let us know and we’ll come and say hi.
Another day, another drinks executive stepping down "to explore new opportunities". Usually, this is code for "is leaving to join one of our competitors in a slightly better-paid position". But, with ...
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role