Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
James Wilmore | 16 December 2013
As 2013 draws to a close, we kicked-off our usual category reviews of the year. My global look at beer and cider is here.
Elsewhere last week, Carlsberg revealed it will have a new UK CEO from next month. Meanwhile, the region's brewers are ploughing on with a high-profile campaign to get people to drink more beer despite a TV ad getting banned.
Bacardi also ran into advertising hot water over the latest spot for its Dewar's Scotch whisky in the US. Just-drinks’ managing editor Olly Wehring looked at the lesson to be learnt from the episode.
Accolade Wines finally announced who its new CEO will be, more than a year since Troy Christensen vacated the position. Australian winemakers also revealed how they plan to get the industry back on track.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- PepsiCo US to replace aspartame in Diet Pepsi
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets