Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
James Wilmore | 16 December 2013
As 2013 draws to a close, we kicked-off our usual category reviews of the year. My global look at beer and cider is here.
Elsewhere last week, Carlsberg revealed it will have a new UK CEO from next month. Meanwhile, the region's brewers are ploughing on with a high-profile campaign to get people to drink more beer despite a TV ad getting banned.
Bacardi also ran into advertising hot water over the latest spot for its Dewar's Scotch whisky in the US. Just-drinks’ managing editor Olly Wehring looked at the lesson to be learnt from the episode.
Accolade Wines finally announced who its new CEO will be, more than a year since Troy Christensen vacated the position. Australian winemakers also revealed how they plan to get the industry back on track.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report