Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 14 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- As the qualifying phase for next year's FIFA World Cup draws to a close this week,PepsiCo launched its latest global advertising campaign, featuring Argentinian football wunderkind, Lionel Messi. The tournament, which takes place in Brazil in June and July 2014, is set to be the focus for a wealth of drinks companies, not least AmBev, the Brazilian division of Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Following William Grant & Son's announcement earlier this month that it is set to enter the single grain Scotch whisky category, we managed to secure some time with the company's global marketing manager for innovation to discuss William Grant's plans in the sub-category. My chat with Kevin Abrook followed my out-loud musings about the move. Is single grain going to replicate single malt Scotch in the years to come?
- Eyebrows were raised last week among the wine fraternity in South Africa. The region has had more than its fair share of critics in recent years, so it was with blessed relief that they will have readChris Losh's review of the South African wares on show at last month's Beautiful South tasting event in London.
- It was a quiet week for the brewers amongst us, although Carlsberg still found time to confirm to us that its Olivaria Brewery in Belarus has appointed a new CEO. Be assured that this will almost certainly represent the calm before some kind of storm in beer!
Don't forget, the latest research report from just-drinks and The IWSR has been published today. Full details of 'Global market review of vodka - forecasts to 2018' can be found here.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research