Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 14 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- As the qualifying phase for next year's FIFA World Cup draws to a close this week,PepsiCo launched its latest global advertising campaign, featuring Argentinian football wunderkind, Lionel Messi. The tournament, which takes place in Brazil in June and July 2014, is set to be the focus for a wealth of drinks companies, not least AmBev, the Brazilian division of Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Following William Grant & Son's announcement earlier this month that it is set to enter the single grain Scotch whisky category, we managed to secure some time with the company's global marketing manager for innovation to discuss William Grant's plans in the sub-category. My chat with Kevin Abrook followed my out-loud musings about the move. Is single grain going to replicate single malt Scotch in the years to come?
- Eyebrows were raised last week among the wine fraternity in South Africa. The region has had more than its fair share of critics in recent years, so it was with blessed relief that they will have readChris Losh's review of the South African wares on show at last month's Beautiful South tasting event in London.
- It was a quiet week for the brewers amongst us, although Carlsberg still found time to confirm to us that its Olivaria Brewery in Belarus has appointed a new CEO. Be assured that this will almost certainly represent the calm before some kind of storm in beer!
Don't forget, the latest research report from just-drinks and The IWSR has been published today. Full details of 'Global market review of vodka - forecasts to 2018' can be found here.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
The wine arm of India's United Spirits has launched its first new product since the unit came under Diageo control....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends