Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 14 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- As the qualifying phase for next year's FIFA World Cup draws to a close this week,PepsiCo launched its latest global advertising campaign, featuring Argentinian football wunderkind, Lionel Messi. The tournament, which takes place in Brazil in June and July 2014, is set to be the focus for a wealth of drinks companies, not least AmBev, the Brazilian division of Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Following William Grant & Son's announcement earlier this month that it is set to enter the single grain Scotch whisky category, we managed to secure some time with the company's global marketing manager for innovation to discuss William Grant's plans in the sub-category. My chat with Kevin Abrook followed my out-loud musings about the move. Is single grain going to replicate single malt Scotch in the years to come?
- Eyebrows were raised last week among the wine fraternity in South Africa. The region has had more than its fair share of critics in recent years, so it was with blessed relief that they will have readChris Losh's review of the South African wares on show at last month's Beautiful South tasting event in London.
- It was a quiet week for the brewers amongst us, although Carlsberg still found time to confirm to us that its Olivaria Brewery in Belarus has appointed a new CEO. Be assured that this will almost certainly represent the calm before some kind of storm in beer!
Don't forget, the latest research report from just-drinks and The IWSR has been published today. Full details of 'Global market review of vodka - forecasts to 2018' can be found here.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Diageo has turned a London landmark into a private club for its David Beckham-backed Haig Club Scotch whisky....
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research