Blog: The just-drinks Weekly Round-Up
Olly Wehring | 14 October 2013
On just-drinks last week:
- As the qualifying phase for next year's FIFA World Cup draws to a close this week,PepsiCo launched its latest global advertising campaign, featuring Argentinian football wunderkind, Lionel Messi. The tournament, which takes place in Brazil in June and July 2014, is set to be the focus for a wealth of drinks companies, not least AmBev, the Brazilian division of Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Following William Grant & Son's announcement earlier this month that it is set to enter the single grain Scotch whisky category, we managed to secure some time with the company's global marketing manager for innovation to discuss William Grant's plans in the sub-category. My chat with Kevin Abrook followed my out-loud musings about the move. Is single grain going to replicate single malt Scotch in the years to come?
- Eyebrows were raised last week among the wine fraternity in South Africa. The region has had more than its fair share of critics in recent years, so it was with blessed relief that they will have readChris Losh's review of the South African wares on show at last month's Beautiful South tasting event in London.
- It was a quiet week for the brewers amongst us, although Carlsberg still found time to confirm to us that its Olivaria Brewery in Belarus has appointed a new CEO. Be assured that this will almost certainly represent the calm before some kind of storm in beer!
Don't forget, the latest research report from just-drinks and The IWSR has been published today. Full details of 'Global market review of vodka - forecasts to 2018' can be found here.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research