Blog: The hand of god
Chris Brook-Carter | 3 September 2003
According to a lawyer friend of just-drinks, Nick Faldo has followed in the footsteps of Greg Norman, Cliff Richard and Olivia Newton John by applying to register the "Nick Faldo Selection" as a trademark for wine in Australia. Apparently there is no equivalent application yet in the UK, but one can only imagine it will be a matter of time.
I suspect the great British golfer will have more success in the UK than the other sporting “hero” to be taking the leap from the sports field to the vineyards this month. A couple of news wires today reported that Diego Maradona has put his name to a wine selection to be launched in Argentina shortly. His agent said that he and Maradona had tasted some very good ones. So good, in fact, that the chubby little football legend has taken some back to Cuba with him, where he went to live to get over a cocaine addiction. What a marketing role model he is going to make.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Kirin eyes expansion after Byron Bay Brewing buy
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?