Blog: The hand of god
Chris Brook-Carter | 3 September 2003
According to a lawyer friend of just-drinks, Nick Faldo has followed in the footsteps of Greg Norman, Cliff Richard and Olivia Newton John by applying to register the "Nick Faldo Selection" as a trademark for wine in Australia. Apparently there is no equivalent application yet in the UK, but one can only imagine it will be a matter of time.
I suspect the great British golfer will have more success in the UK than the other sporting “hero” to be taking the leap from the sports field to the vineyards this month. A couple of news wires today reported that Diego Maradona has put his name to a wine selection to be launched in Argentina shortly. His agent said that he and Maradona had tasted some very good ones. So good, in fact, that the chubby little football legend has taken some back to Cuba with him, where he went to live to get over a cocaine addiction. What a marketing role model he is going to make.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future