Blog: The hand of god
Chris Brook-Carter | 3 September 2003
According to a lawyer friend of just-drinks, Nick Faldo has followed in the footsteps of Greg Norman, Cliff Richard and Olivia Newton John by applying to register the "Nick Faldo Selection" as a trademark for wine in Australia. Apparently there is no equivalent application yet in the UK, but one can only imagine it will be a matter of time.
I suspect the great British golfer will have more success in the UK than the other sporting “hero” to be taking the leap from the sports field to the vineyards this month. A couple of news wires today reported that Diego Maradona has put his name to a wine selection to be launched in Argentina shortly. His agent said that he and Maradona had tasted some very good ones. So good, in fact, that the chubby little football legend has taken some back to Cuba with him, where he went to live to get over a cocaine addiction. What a marketing role model he is going to make.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends