Blog: The hand of god
Chris Brook-Carter | 3 September 2003
According to a lawyer friend of just-drinks, Nick Faldo has followed in the footsteps of Greg Norman, Cliff Richard and Olivia Newton John by applying to register the "Nick Faldo Selection" as a trademark for wine in Australia. Apparently there is no equivalent application yet in the UK, but one can only imagine it will be a matter of time.
I suspect the great British golfer will have more success in the UK than the other sporting “hero” to be taking the leap from the sports field to the vineyards this month. A couple of news wires today reported that Diego Maradona has put his name to a wine selection to be launched in Argentina shortly. His agent said that he and Maradona had tasted some very good ones. So good, in fact, that the chubby little football legend has taken some back to Cuba with him, where he went to live to get over a cocaine addiction. What a marketing role model he is going to make.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends