Blog: The hand of god
Chris Brook-Carter | 3 September 2003
According to a lawyer friend of just-drinks, Nick Faldo has followed in the footsteps of Greg Norman, Cliff Richard and Olivia Newton John by applying to register the "Nick Faldo Selection" as a trademark for wine in Australia. Apparently there is no equivalent application yet in the UK, but one can only imagine it will be a matter of time.
I suspect the great British golfer will have more success in the UK than the other sporting “hero” to be taking the leap from the sports field to the vineyards this month. A couple of news wires today reported that Diego Maradona has put his name to a wine selection to be launched in Argentina shortly. His agent said that he and Maradona had tasted some very good ones. So good, in fact, that the chubby little football legend has taken some back to Cuba with him, where he went to live to get over a cocaine addiction. What a marketing role model he is going to make.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research