Blog: Sweden says Iron Maiden's Trooper is super after all
James Wilmore | 29 May 2013
It was hardly a matter of life and death, but Iron Maiden have broken through the final frontier. Yes, Trooper ale has been allowed to land in Sweden.
After (probably) tense negotiations, and a few quick clicks of the zoom button, officials at Sweden's state-run liquor store monopoly, Systembolaget, have embraced their inner metaller by giving the go-ahead. Bottles of the 4.7% beer will be available in Sweden from the end of June.
Apparently, due to Swedish laws, drink labels in the Scandinavian country are banned from featuring "elements of war, weapons or aggression". So, instead, Trooper's label just features a close-up of the band's mascot Eddie, aka Eddie the Head.
Still quite an aggressive looking chap, if you ask me, but there you go.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review