Blog: Sweden says Iron Maiden's Trooper is super after all
James Wilmore | 29 May 2013
It was hardly a matter of life and death, but Iron Maiden have broken through the final frontier. Yes, Trooper ale has been allowed to land in Sweden.
After (probably) tense negotiations, and a few quick clicks of the zoom button, officials at Sweden's state-run liquor store monopoly, Systembolaget, have embraced their inner metaller by giving the go-ahead. Bottles of the 4.7% beer will be available in Sweden from the end of June.
Apparently, due to Swedish laws, drink labels in the Scandinavian country are banned from featuring "elements of war, weapons or aggression". So, instead, Trooper's label just features a close-up of the band's mascot Eddie, aka Eddie the Head.
Still quite an aggressive looking chap, if you ask me, but there you go.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends