Blog: Sticky Wicket
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 August 2003
It just seems amazing to me that at a time when the drinks industry is under such intense scrutiny for the affects of its advertising on alcohol misuse - particularly by minors - that spirits adverts are screening during the middle of the day and perhaps even worse during a sports event.
If the alcohol industry is to convince its doubters that it is more than capable of regulating its own advertising standards it needs to demonstrate a far greater degree of restraint than it currently is.
Just-drinks has argued previously that it believes companies like Bacardi and Diageo need to re-evaluate the content of their RTD advertising. While there is nothing wrong with the content of The Famous Grouse's marketing some common sense about the timing is needed before the government makes a decision on regulating alcohol advertising standards.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review