Blog: Sticky Wicket
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 August 2003
It just seems amazing to me that at a time when the drinks industry is under such intense scrutiny for the affects of its advertising on alcohol misuse - particularly by minors - that spirits adverts are screening during the middle of the day and perhaps even worse during a sports event.
If the alcohol industry is to convince its doubters that it is more than capable of regulating its own advertising standards it needs to demonstrate a far greater degree of restraint than it currently is.
Just-drinks has argued previously that it believes companies like Bacardi and Diageo need to re-evaluate the content of their RTD advertising. While there is nothing wrong with the content of The Famous Grouse's marketing some common sense about the timing is needed before the government makes a decision on regulating alcohol advertising standards.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends