Blog: Russia's rich fuelling a brewing revolution
Andy Morton | 15 March 2013
Just-drinks is at BeerX (15 March), the annual get-together of the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA).
It's in Sheffield, but maybe SIBA should consider a branch meeting in St Petersburg. According to a sales manager for Keg Technik, a German keg filling manufacture, the real brewing action is in Russia, where rich businessmen are investing spare cash in their own vanity breweries.
“They're sprouting up like mushrooms,” said Christopher, whose company is tapping into the growing demand for equipment from these wealthy hobbyists, who are apparently making good profits.
You heard it here first folks.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends