Blog: Russia's rich fuelling a brewing revolution
Andy Morton | 15 March 2013
Just-drinks is at BeerX (15 March), the annual get-together of the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA).
It's in Sheffield, but maybe SIBA should consider a branch meeting in St Petersburg. According to a sales manager for Keg Technik, a German keg filling manufacture, the real brewing action is in Russia, where rich businessmen are investing spare cash in their own vanity breweries.
“They're sprouting up like mushrooms,” said Christopher, whose company is tapping into the growing demand for equipment from these wealthy hobbyists, who are apparently making good profits.
You heard it here first folks.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review