Blog: Russia's rich fuelling a brewing revolution
Andy Morton | 15 March 2013
Just-drinks is at BeerX (15 March), the annual get-together of the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA).
It's in Sheffield, but maybe SIBA should consider a branch meeting in St Petersburg. According to a sales manager for Keg Technik, a German keg filling manufacture, the real brewing action is in Russia, where rich businessmen are investing spare cash in their own vanity breweries.
“They're sprouting up like mushrooms,” said Christopher, whose company is tapping into the growing demand for equipment from these wealthy hobbyists, who are apparently making good profits.
You heard it here first folks.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends