Blog: Running - and drinking - for Alan Lodge
Olly Wehring | 26 July 2013
The Ardbeg Islay Half Marathon takes place next weekend, and just-drinks will be on the start line.
Along with a gaggle of my peers, I'll be running 13.1 miles on the Scottish island of Islay on Saturday 3 August.
Whilst I will be doing this - in part - for the sake of my health – I shall mainly be running – and afterwards, drinking Ardbeg - in memory of Alan Lodge.
I knew Alan for just over three years, during which time he wrote for The Drinks Business here in the UK. Alan was all set to move across to sister publication The Spirits Business when, in February last year he suffered a brain haemorrhage and passed away.
Alan was 29.
So, along with Lucy Britner and Hamish Smith from Drinks International, Chris Losh and Laura Foster from Imbibe, Joel Harrison from caskstrength.com, Sandrae Sharpen from Cocktail Lovers, Richard Siddle from Harpers, Marcin Miller from Quercus Communications, freelance writer Richard Woodard and Becky Paskin from The Spirits Business, I'll be raising funds for the National Brain Appeal.
If you'd like to make a donation in honour of Alan, you can do so here.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014