Blog: Press pack prefer to probe Pernod Ricard in private
Andy Morton | 28 August 2014
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
The rest of the time was taken up by CEO Pierre Pringuet and his heir-apparent Alex Ricard reading out a (very) detailed account of the year's performance.
So why the truncated Q&A, which is surely of far more interest to the world's listening media? According to Pernod, it's no conspiracy. Apparently the French journalists, who make up the vast majority of the press pack that attend the Paris results conference, all have one-on-one's with senior management after the call. They'd be crazy to air their questions in public, where fellow hacks can appropriate the answers.
It seem that instead of Pernod having something to hide, it's the media that's playing coy here.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Trinidad & Tobago rum company Angostura Holdings has confirmed its CEO is on administrative leave. ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends