Blog: Press pack prefer to probe Pernod Ricard in private
Andy Morton | 28 August 2014
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
The rest of the time was taken up by CEO Pierre Pringuet and his heir-apparent Alex Ricard reading out a (very) detailed account of the year's performance.
So why the truncated Q&A, which is surely of far more interest to the world's listening media? According to Pernod, it's no conspiracy. Apparently the French journalists, who make up the vast majority of the press pack that attend the Paris results conference, all have one-on-one's with senior management after the call. They'd be crazy to air their questions in public, where fellow hacks can appropriate the answers.
It seem that instead of Pernod having something to hide, it's the media that's playing coy here.
Earlier today, Brown-Forman posted its Q4 and FY results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and by brand in the 12 months to the end of April....
It's yet another sign that the legal marijuana business is moving closer to the alcohol industry in the US....
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review