Blog: Press pack prefer to probe Pernod Ricard in private
Andy Morton | 28 August 2014
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
The rest of the time was taken up by CEO Pierre Pringuet and his heir-apparent Alex Ricard reading out a (very) detailed account of the year's performance.
So why the truncated Q&A, which is surely of far more interest to the world's listening media? According to Pernod, it's no conspiracy. Apparently the French journalists, who make up the vast majority of the press pack that attend the Paris results conference, all have one-on-one's with senior management after the call. They'd be crazy to air their questions in public, where fellow hacks can appropriate the answers.
It seem that instead of Pernod having something to hide, it's the media that's playing coy here.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report