Blog: Pernod Ricard - On your bike, for The Benevolent
Olly Wehring | 20 June 2012
Last month, we (exclusively) announced that the deputy MD at Pernod Ricard UK, Simon Thomas, is set to leave the company. Prior to his departure, however, Simon this month embarked on a charity bicycle ride – a 640-mile charity bicycle ride.
Starting At The Glenlivet distillery in Speyside last week, Simon and a team of Pernod Ricard UK employees, arrived at the Beefeater distillery here in London yesterday (19 June). The riders are raising money for The Benevolent, the drinks industry charity of which Simon is the chairman.
The team has raised 80% of its fund-raising target, apparently, so if you'd like to make a donation, then head here between now and 12 July.
And, if you'd like to see the team's video diary, before Simon cycles off into the sunset, then click here, paying particular attention to the start of day seven - don't drink and ride, boys!
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World