Blog: Pernod Ricard - On your bike, for The Benevolent
Olly Wehring | 20 June 2012
Last month, we (exclusively) announced that the deputy MD at Pernod Ricard UK, Simon Thomas, is set to leave the company. Prior to his departure, however, Simon this month embarked on a charity bicycle ride – a 640-mile charity bicycle ride.
Starting At The Glenlivet distillery in Speyside last week, Simon and a team of Pernod Ricard UK employees, arrived at the Beefeater distillery here in London yesterday (19 June). The riders are raising money for The Benevolent, the drinks industry charity of which Simon is the chairman.
The team has raised 80% of its fund-raising target, apparently, so if you'd like to make a donation, then head here between now and 12 July.
And, if you'd like to see the team's video diary, before Simon cycles off into the sunset, then click here, paying particular attention to the start of day seven - don't drink and ride, boys!
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign