Blog: Ozzy in a tizzy over Baltimore beer
James Wilmore | 1 May 2014
Even heavy metal legends like to protect their brand.
Ozzy Osbourne, the former Black Sabbath frontman turned reality TV star, has taken issue with Baltimore brewpub, The Brewer's Art. Osbourne has hit the company with a cease-and-desist letter over its 'Ozzy' beer brand, the Baltimore Sun reported.
What's in a name, you may ask. Well, the label on a can of Ozzy features pictures of bats. Osbourne, of course, is famed for once biting the head off a bat, live on stage.
The Brewer's Art spun the whole saga into a nice bit of PR though, by asking its customers to rename the beer. Now, 'Ozzy' has become 'Beazly', after long-serving bartender Mark Barcus.
Get your cans of 'Ozzy' before they become a collector's item, I guess.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Molson Coor's Cornwall-based Sharp's Brewery has launched a limited release beer to help raise money to support sustainable beaches in Cornwall and across the UK....
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review