Blog: Night on the beers
Chris Brook-Carter | 25 September 2003
There is still plenty of work to be done, particularly in the US, which group marketing director Mark Sherrington called the company's "first and probably second, third and fourth priority". And SABMiller has yet to successfully convince it can turn any one of Miller, Peroni or Urquell from "global potential" into world-beater to rival the likes of Heineken or Budweiser.
But on a local level, the group - particularly in emerging markets - continues to lead the way. This understanding of the emerging markets was demonstrated in an interesting case study on its Polish acquisition Tyskie, which it bought in 1997. In that time SABMiller has taken the brand from a local player in the South of Poland, with only a 10.6% share of the Polish market, to the largest beer brand in Central and Eastern Europe, with a growth of 24%.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research