Blog: Murray - made in Scotland from girders
James Wilmore | 12 September 2012
Irn-Bru makers AG Barr enjoyed some great free PR after Andy Murray's epic win at the US Open this week.
The mighty Scotsman was snapped drinking a bottle of Scotland's most famous soft drink following his five-set defeat of Novak Djokovic. And the Daily Record even reported he turned down other drinks later, in favour of more Irn-Bru.
Murray is famously proud of his homeland, so it's perhaps no surprise he used the opportunity to promote one its most recognisable brands.
I wonder whether execs at Barr's potential future partners, Britvic, enjoyed a wry smile at the coverage too?
(Incidentally, Britvic used to sponsor Murray through its Robinsons brand.)
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research