Blog: Muhtar Kent and the US$21.6m price of leadership
Andy Morton | 1 March 2013
It was a good 2012 for Muhtar Kent, who was paid US$21.6m for his position at the helm of The Coca-Cola Co, according to AP today (1 March).
It was $400,000 more than he got the year before, AP said, mainly because of the increase in basic salary Coca-Cola furnished him with. Perhaps the company knows just how tough it must be to run a soft drinks company these days, with pressures over obesity issues increasing and sugar prices ruining margins.
For that sort of pay packet, though, I'm sure there's a few people out there who'd be willing to give it a go.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts